FFS - stop messing around and recruit Dowie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the opinion he needs us more than us him. If he was that good, how come the only job available is frightening children on Sky.

If he wants to get back into management and use us a stepping stone then he should be grateful that an offer is on the table (assuming he has got an offer) as, for me, he ain't the prodigal son returning and there are others who are capable of keeping us up and movi g us forward.

I'm of the opinion he needs us more than us him. If he was that good, how come the only job available is frightening children on Sky.

If he wants to get back into management and use us a stepping stone then he should be grateful that an offer is on the table (assuming he has got an offer) as, for me, he ain't the prodigal son returning and there are others who are capable of keeping us up and movi g us forward.

Like who?

Give him a 2 and a half year deal.

Cut the short term :censored: out.

That's what Corney was aiming for with PD, some stability to get some success. It didn't work out but I think we'll agree it was nearly there. Give Dowie or someone else a chance of a long-term project and we could have a chance of improvement.

Corney wants someone to blow him away at interview... if Dowie has a long-term plan then he might be the one?

I seem to remember when we got rid of Killen, Corney announced he had been earning £7k per week. I also remember speculation of Winjhard earning £10k?

Speaking to Chris Grange (former keeper) Wijnard was on 1k a week with a 10k goal bonus!

Edited by BenRad

Speaking to Chris Grange (former keeper) Wijnard was on 1k a week with a 10k goal bonus!

Can't accept that, he would have been given a chance at a much higher level as teams wouldn't have had a problem with taking a chance.

I think young Chris may have got his zero's wrong!

I think he's worth a deal til end of 13/14 season at least. If we stay up, I think we'd make progress under him next year. If we go down, he'd be exactly the type of manager I'd want to get us back up. It's going to be tricky to convince our loanees and players whose contracts are up in July to be committed in our must win games in April if he's not the man in charge. Look at Rafa. If you're interim, players care less. Fact

I think he's worth a deal til end of 13/14 season at least. If we stay up, I think we'd make progress under him next year. If we go down, he'd be exactly the type of manager I'd want to get us back up. It's going to be tricky to convince our loanees and players whose contracts are up in July to be committed in our must win games in April if he's not the man in charge. Look at Rafa. If you're interim, players care less. Fact

What fact? Chelsea still suffer from a fractured dressing room brought about by player power hence Lampard and Terry being shown the door after undermining AVB. Gus Hiddinck was a short term appointment and was in control and successful.

We need a manager experienced at this level........Dowie has been away for too long, both managerially and with his media work. However, my biggest concern is could he and would he work with the financial constraints that exist at the club at the moment.......I would say not and he would publically throw his toys out of the pram as he has a history of doing so

Sorry for new topic but I wanted to bump this in vain hope SC is reading the board.

The blokes ticks all the boxes, his son claims his dad wants the job and wants to deliver a long-term project and he will shake up the squad, improve it and get us ready for a title assault in League One next season.

We only have so many games to avoid the R word so get ID in now and start the work rather than wait another league game or two.

What's this issue of giving ID longer than one season? He's light years ahead of PD so deserves a longer term and the security if he's sacrificing his other jobs to dedicate to OAFC.

:icon_peace: I love your optimism, whatever your taking please share with the rest of the Oldham crowd!!