FFS - stop messing around and recruit Dowie

Sorry for new topic but I wanted to bump this in vain hope SC is reading the board.

The blokes ticks all the boxes, his son claims his dad wants the job and wants to deliver a long-term project and he will shake up the squad, improve it and get us ready for a title assault in League One next season.

We only have so many games to avoid the R word so get ID in now and start the work rather than wait another league game or two.

What's this issue of giving ID longer than one season? He's light years ahead of PD so deserves a longer term and the security if he's sacrificing his other jobs to dedicate to OAFC.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Source close to Dowie reckons that he wants a longer deal than until the end of the season - has a plan and wants to succeed with it, rather than being out on his arse in summer like he was with Shearer at Newcastle and when he stepped in at Hull.

His son...

Oliver Dowie@OliverDowie

Pretty sure dad wouldn't be interested in an interim deal. Wants to build the club over a period of time. Can't do that in 16 games.#OAFC

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Source close to Dowie reckons that he wants a longer deal than until the end of the season - has a plan and wants to succeed with it, rather than being out on his arse in summer like he was with Shearer at Newcastle and when he stepped in at Hull.

His son...

Oliver Dowie@OliverDowie

Pretty sure dad wouldn't be interested in an interim deal. Wants to build the club over a period of time. Can't do that in 16 games.#OAFC

IF this is the case and we are all not barking up the wrong tree, then no one can really blame Dowie for wanting something long-term.

If Corney really wants him then there should be no pi**ing around with 'if' and 'buts' and 'maybes'.

IF this is the case and we are all not barking up the wrong tree, then no one can really blame Dowie for wanting something long-term.

If Corney really wants him then there should be no pi**ing around with 'if' and 'buts' and 'maybes'.

Should be a deal until the end of the season and then further if he proves successful and saves us from relegation.

Would love for Dowie to come back and carry on from where he left off.

Should be a deal until the end of the season and then further if he proves successful and saves us from relegation.

Would love for Dowie to come back and carry on from where he left off.

But why? Saying "save us from relegation" and the job is yours is a heap of pressure [not saying he cannot handle it] to go through, especially if there is a chance that the contract is not renewed. He is already working, so why would he leave the punditry for an uncertain future?

Should be a deal until the season's end and a renegotiated package, depending upon relegation or safety, for the next season.

But why? Saying "save us from relegation" and the job is yours is a heap of pressure [not saying he cannot handle it] to go through, especially if there is a chance that the contract is not renewed. He is already working, so why would he leave the punditry for an uncertain future?

Should be a deal until the season's end and a renegotiated package, depending upon relegation or safety, for the next season.

He'd walk straight back into punditry if we left us in summer anyway.

I think having him as interim manager at first gives him something to strive towards, keep us up, keep the job.

He'd walk straight back into punditry if we left us in summer anyway.

I think having him as interim manager at first gives him something to strive towards, keep us up, keep the job.

I see your point.

We are doing all this speculation and it's probably Phil 'perma-tan' Brown all along!

I heard he wanted too much money so we pulled away. Don't know how true that is tough

I wouldn't be too sure. He's not a fool and will know what our wage budget is for a manager. Therefore if he's in talks with us and wants the job then he's obviously lowered his expectations in salary unless we're offering peanuts. If that's the case then we not deserve him.

You get what you pay for and if Dowie wants to stay here longer than 4 months and rebuild the club finishing what he started then we should snap his hand off. You may well question his integrity over conduct with other clubs but he's driven and I would relish the opportunity of him leading our team and squeezing the last ounce of energy, drive and determination from the players!

Hang on L_F. I may have misunderstood you. In your first post you say break the bank get him in whatever his demands are. And have said FFS. Yet you have just posted get him interim he has to proove something to aim for/improve his hunger.

I think you are right second time, he would just walk back into punditry

FWIW SC. WIs right to show he is not desperate and pay silly money. Last night re interim comment was to show he would not be held to ransom

I wouldn't be too sure. He's not a fool and will know what our wage budget is for a manager. Therefore if he's in talks with us and wants the job then he's obviously lowered his expectations in salary unless we're offering peanuts. If that's the case then we not deserve him.

You get what you pay for and if Dowie wants to stay here longer than 4 months and rebuild the club finishing what he started then we should snap his hand off. You may well question his integrity over conduct with other clubs but he's driven and I would relish the opportunity of him leading our team and squeezing the last ounce of energy, drive and determination from the players!

I remember watching him and Eyresie, pre-match, passing the ball across the width of the pitch to each other, while Harbin put the 'troops' through their paces. We had a a giant centre defensive line-up, a 6'4" 'keeper, pace on the wings and guile in attack. I used to actually enjoy going to BP!

Hang on L_F. I may have misunderstood you. In your first post you say break the bank get him in whatever his demands are. And have said FFS. Yet you have just posted get him interim he has to proove something to aim for/improve his hunger.

I think you are right second time, he would just walk back into punditry

FWIW SC. WIs right to show he is not desperate and pay silly money. Last night re interim comment was to show he would not be held to ransom

Didn't say break the bank to get him in? :dntknw:

thats the point the majority of fans would believe in him and know it wouldnt be for want of physical effort, tactics and bouncebackability.

I was unsure about Dowie when I heard his name mentioned as IMO, he should have took us up on the biggest budget in the division 9 years ago.

However, the positivity on this board alone tells me he will create enough support and that is what the players need IMO.

Well, that and a kick up the arse!

Dowie no doubt has a vision. I suspect his vision is to repair the damage that has been done to his reputation as a manager. Once this happens he would be able to move on and get his just rewards. This is a win win for us as he would be prepared to accept less than he gets now but no doubt wants the security of a longer contract. What would be wrong with a twelve month roller? It would be worth that much if he keeps us up and undoubtedly he is a better manager than Dickov has so far proved to be.

This is a risky business because even Harry (.........) Redknapp might not be able to save us.

I would be happy with Dowie and will get behind whoever comes, but my first choice is still a new man.