FFS - stop messing around and recruit Dowie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unsure about Dowie when I heard his name mentioned as IMO, he should have took us up on the biggest budget in the division 9 years ago.

Do you reckon we did? Yes we splashed the cash on Killen, Hill and Armstrong on transfer fees but apart from Killen and perhaps Murray do you think we paid massive wages per player?

I still reckon the management was he defining factor on fitness, belief, motivation and tactical preparation. Remember Andrews ten second goal from k/o against Wigan? That's was planning as Wigan pressed from the off.

Edited by Midsblue

Do you reckon we did? Yes we splashed the cash on Killen, Hill and Armstrong on transfer fees but apart from Killen and perhaps Murray do you think we paid massive wages

Our wage bill went from £10k per week to £50k per week.

Its several years ago and I bet that wage bill was double what it is now!

I would be delighted with the appointment of Dowie but one thing concerns me about the likelihood of this happening.

It's common knowledge that he is settled in the Bolton area.

Over the last 18 months or so managerial vacancies have occurred at Preston, Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton and Burnley.

I find it inconceivable that he wasn't approached by at least one of the above and therefore by turning them down proves his satisfaction with the easy life of the Sky Sports Microphone.

if he wanted another job in Management what more could he ask? - a decent contract at a decent ground in his own backyard guaranteed.

So we are either kidding ourselves that he would rejoin us over 'some' of the above or equally feel priveleged that he is genuinely considering an offer. If its the latter then Corney needs to do all he can to make it happen.

We paid over the odds due to Moore's ambition and naivity.

We're probably placing too much expectation on ID but it weren't just the players back then that lifted the place and produced positivity in the team and play. Get him signed for 18 months and I reckon things will happen under him.

Hollandspies - he was off the radar due to poor history and probably applied but was overlooked.

His stock his low hence why he's a roving reporter on Sky.

He's need a springboard to kickstart his career and we - the fans and SC if he's honest to himself - want him. That's the difference

Edited by Midsblue

Do you reckon we did? Yes we splashed the cash on Killen, Hill and Armstrong on transfer fees but apart from Killen and perhaps Murray do you think we paid massive wages per player?

I still reckon the management was he defining factor on fitness, belief, motivation and tactical preparation. Remember Andrews ten second goal from k/o against Wigan? That's was planning as Wigan pressed from the off.

Well due to the fact that we were losing £50K a week and nearly went bust in the summer 2003 and had to sell the season tickets early just to keep aflloat then it would certainly be top5 Wigan and Cardif probably had bigger budgets Bristol City and QPR probabaly had similar budgets but Crewe who finished 2nd had a smaller budget. They relied on their famous youth system and had a young Rob Hulse and Dean Ashton (who should have had 50 caps for England if he hadn't been cruelly struck down by injury. The big empahsis on PMA which Dowie had certainly had a major impact no doubt but he did have the tools to play with.

I'm happy for him to be given the job but would like to think that of the other 75 candidates their are those amongst them that could keep us up Dowie isn't the only option.

Dowie also has a silver tongue and I wouldn't take everything he says as gospel I would only give any candidate initially until the ned of the season lets face it if he kept us up its no like we would turn round and want to get rid of him is it.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I think a refreshed and hungry Dowie, who now knows he doesn't walk on water after a couple of humbling experiences could turn out to be a major asset for us.

Many from the outside have described him as 'untouchable' and I very much doubt he has been approached for a managers role since Newcastle.

We are the only club he'd be slightly interested in where vast majority of fans would approve of giving him a chance to get back in.

We need him, and if he has any ambition to repair his severely damaged reputation then he needs us.

We should pull out every stop to get him back.

Hollandspies - he was off the radar due to poor history and probably applied but was overlooked.

His stock his low hence why he's a roving reporter on Sky.

He's need a springboard to kickstart his career and we - the fans and SC if he's honest to himself - want him. That's the difference

Does Dowie have any other job apart from his Sky duties? They're overpaid if they can get as much, or more, from Sky as a League 1 club could pay them!