Rumour about dowie

Just seen a friend who's dad is good friends with dowie and apparently there is very little chance of him coming to us.

He apparently gets too good a wage with sky and we couldn't afford him. More or less all his games are local so it's suits him fine.

I don't know how much truth there is in this so don't moan at me for putting it on here.

I personally believe we have a good chance of him getting him going off what his son has put on twitter recently but who knows!!

I think given the right contract he would enjoy the challenge.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it incredible that a pitch side reporter can be paid more than any football league manager.

Madness.

In fact, Unbelievable Jeff.

They can tart themselves all over the place, not just the ones you see regularly. Dowie was on Al Jezeera during the World Cup alongside an inspirational collection of no-mark pundits, probably earning a fortune into the process.

Just seen a friend who's dad is good friends with dowie and apparently there is very little chance of him coming to us.

He apparently gets too good a wage with sky and we couldn't afford him. More or less all his games are local so it's suits him fine.

I don't know how much truth there is in this so don't moan at me for putting it on here.

I personally believe we have a good chance of him getting him going off what his son has put on twitter recently but who knows!!

I think given the right contract he would enjoy the challenge.

Just spoke to Jeff Stelling, Dowie is one of the highest paid reporters and has a company car in his contract. It would seem only Bianca Westwood would fall within our pay scale, rumour has it though that her man management skills are second to none. She struggles with defending a rear guard action but up front she's more than a handful in training. I for one would love to have her on a rolling contract!

Just spoke to Jeff Stelling, Dowie is one of the highest paid reporters and has a company car in his contract. It would seem only Bianca Westwood would fall within our pay scale, rumour has it though that her man management skills are second to none. She struggles with defending a rear guard action but up front she's more than a handful in training. I for one would love to have her on a rolling contract!

Dowie out !

Westwood in.

34a10660d3db38c7d9e148e79cad2a28.jpeg

I hope it's not true also. I was gutted when he went!

It is a complete joke that a pundit can be paid more than any league manager. Sky for you!!

Not just sky its the going rate trust me ive seen the figures some earn just for a one off appearence as a match analyst on a tv game it wouldnt surprise me in the least if dowie takes home twice what we can offer him. And aslong as your atleast semi articulate which dowie is compared to alot of people in football its fairly secure. Doesnt mean its not worth atleast asking him though

LOL. Your best post ever!

The only contract you'll get is one on your head for stalking!

Corney mentioned 60k a year as the ballpark figure on Talksport last week.

He said that figure then laughed and said Dickov was on considerably higher wages than that. £100k a year would still be within our budget I imagine.

However, Dowie is used quite frequently on SkySports, not just for Soccer Saturday, either. He's a pundit throughout the week and analyses big games, too. He'll still be on way more than we're willing to offer him though.

Another problem is that we may face competition with Preston for a manager, I can't see anything other than Graeme Westley being sacked if they don't win their next few matches. The fans are calling for it.

Can see Grayson going for that job.

Whilst it is likely to be on more as a pundit, surely we would have had Dowie ruled out from the off. Especially as SC confirmed they spoke.7IF Dowie was on way more and not interested, he would not have spoken to Dowie, surely.

Maybe he is itching to get back to management. He's damaged goods so possibilities few and far between I would imagine.

I think the contact with Dowie would have been something like....How do you fancy getting back into management, I know you're on good money which we cannot match but you have to start somewhere and there could be an opportunity here.

Come over and we'll have a chat about it.

The fact is if he leaves it much longer it would be difficult to find a suitable job and would probably have to start out again maybe in Div 2.

It really depends on his ambition really and confidence in his own ability. He's not going to get a championship job until he proves himself again at our level.

If he wants it badly enough he will drop his salary expectations but if he's not prepared to do that we should look elsewhere.

Realistically if he comes and fails he would probably walk back into a media job and if he turns us around with promotion to the Championship then he would be a target for the big boys and would command the big salaries that go with it.

The question for me is does he want badly enough or....is he in the comfort zone?

On the same money, Grayson or Dowie?

Grayson every single time for me.

The fact is that Dowie hasn't done much good since his year with us. There are better managers out there so losing out on him isn't the end of the world.

Shurely Shome Mishtake that

The fact is that Dowie hasn't done much good since his year with us. There are better managers out there so losing out on him isn't the end of the world.

Apart from getting a team that looked in danger of going down from the Championship into the Premier League via the playoffs in 7 months.

If Dowie wasn't in the frame then he (or his son) would have publicly distanced ID from the job by now.

He wouldn't want to be tagged as being second best to the likes of Sammy Lee and losing out to him for the job.

Also SC and ID talk regularly so wouldn't you think they both mutually know what one is offering and what the other wants in terms of salary?

Finally he's wearing a French blue tie on Sky tonight...need I say more?!

Roll on Thursday/Friday.....still think though he'll be announced after the Everton game.

I will never understand that theory, he left us to take Palace from the relegation zone and got them promoted to the Prem in just over half a season!