Connor Brown take a bow

Tarky or Croft for man of match but Connor Brown stepped up another level again, still made a couple of mistakes but looked comfortable defending and going forward, looked like a good prospect. The nightmare of Walsall well and truly behind him. And just a word about our left back, if there is a better one in our division i have yet to see him. I just expect quality from him and he rarely disappoints.

Yep, good call, Connor Brown was probably the least experienced player on the pitch but the lad did very well,

He stepped up to the challenge and did excellant

he defended well and supported the attached well

so Connor Brown, - Take a bow son

+1 solid performance today and long may it continue

Dont forget Mr Smith though - f*****g awesome the way he powered that header in considering all the carnage and rucking in the penalty area,

with Liverpool and tonight all merseyside are scared :censored:less of him - old fashioned centre foward wreaking havoc against premer:censored:e megabucks soft arsed defenders.

bring on the replay - we can do em again bigtime !

I feel like people will go out of their way to criticise this lad.

He dealt with Baines and Pienaar, other than Felliani, Everton's best players yet he's still getting grief about it!

Personally, I thought he was fantastic and nearly at Tarky and Croft's level. Certainly on a par with Grounds and Wes who were tremendous.

Edited by NewBlue

For me I would say Connor Brown was our worst player, but, it's opinions. Either way I would definitely start Winchester there instead.

For you to make such a comment you clearly can't know anything about football. I'm all for people having an opinion but this statement is a joke

Ross 2509 - what the hell!?!?!?! What game were you watching, I can't believe the statement you made. I too was very concerned about the selection of Tarkowski and Brown! I don't know where to begin - Mvoto had a mare.........what was he doing for both goals - Tarkowski looked like the senior central defender and was brilliant throughout. Connor Brown was about 2 leagues above Wabara - he can defend AND attack! This is his third game since Wabara left and he is a serious prospect. Jonathan Grounds, is and has been the best and most consistent player all year long. Lee Croft was brilliant tonight and defended as well as he attacked. Up front we were ok, but when Matt Smith came on, it was a total different game. TP played a blinder making the changes when they needed to be made and was unlucky not to get the win. Paul Dickov was immense and epitomised the feverish support shown by true Oldham fans, whatever their relationship to the club!! Oldham were a team tonight and justice was served!!

Fair play. I was worried, as IMO; he's very, very average at L1 level. But - he stepped up tonight, and put in a very decent perfornance.

You were right to be worried. And Everton targeted him. And, with Croft's excellent help, he showed that he has it in him. Brown has some more progress to make, but given a run to the end of the season he might just become a strength in the side, not a concern.

Tarky was immense though. Stand out

He wasn't quite ready at the start of the season. A mistake every other game costing a goal and spoiling the obvious composure that he has. Despite an excellent performance last week, I'd have played Cliff Byrne. But I'm glad TP backed his man yesterday. The all round performance was very strong. The pass to Robbie Simpson was exquisite.

I don't know how much Cliff was involved in the decision to leave himself out, but he looked to be enjoying himself on the touchline.

Byrne, Murray and Iwelumo as player coaches - squad players responsible for bringing through the youth and TP as manager? Could that be the future?

Ross 2509 - what the hell!?!?!?! What game were you watching, I can't believe the statement you made. I too was very concerned about the selection of Tarkowski and Brown! I don't know where to begin - Mvoto had a mare.........what was he doing for both goals - Tarkowski looked like the senior central defender and was brilliant throughout. Connor Brown was about 2 leagues above Wabara - he can defend AND attack! This is his third game since Wabara left and he is a serious prospect. Jonathan Grounds, is and has been the best and most consistent player all year long. Lee Croft was brilliant tonight and defended as well as he attacked. Up front we were ok, but when Matt Smith came on, it was a total different game. TP played a blinder making the changes when they needed to be made and was unlucky not to get the win. Paul Dickov was immense and epitomised the feverish support shown by true Oldham fans, whatever their relationship to the club!! Oldham were a team tonight and justice was served!!

Noticed Byrne giving Tarky advice several times as he was 'warming up ' in the second half

Well done Cliff, Tarky was great yesterday

For me I would say Connor Brown was our worst player, but, it's opinions. Either way I would definitely start Winchester there instead. Tarky is getting better as the games go by as well which is pleasing for everyone

Biggest load of bollocks I have ever read in my life.

Credit where it is due, he played really well and stepped up to the mark.

Played well and will do better when he has more confidence on the ball. That was their strongest team! They wanted and expected to be given more time on the ball in their stroll to victory. They don't like it up 'em and Smith worries them in a league of mainly tippy tappy mimicking players.