PG Leaving

This can't be true surely! Cisak and Bouzy are both coming on as keepers, and that has to be, at least in part, due to PG's work.

If it is true, it speaks volumes for PG filling in as Ass Man if he knows he is gone next month. Not sure I would be trying my best for a club who gave me the arsehole.

Hopefully it is just paper talk. Otherwise, it may be like the under 10's at Oldham - Coached by the player's Dads.

Edited by BlueInAus

Wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

When PDs backroom staff were put on gardening leave, it is likely that they were all given 3 months notice. All except PG were told that they did not need to work the notice. In working his notice PG has shown that he deserves to retain his job. I would imagine it would just be a formality of telling him that we will not be ceasing his employment at the end of March and he then continues as usual.

It's Bollocks

As it stands, I will be out of work at the end of March. Nothing has been said during the Cup run about me possible staying on. I’m not happy about it, obviously, but there is no point moaning about it. I’ll just hopefully be able to find something else
Edited by opinions4u

With the permanent manager situation currently unresolved, it would make no sense to commit to a new contract when he may be unwanted by the incoming man.

Personally I'd love to keep him as his enthusiasm and commitment is second to none. I'm sure SC would like to keep him too but a lot will rest on who is appointed our number one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/oldham-athletic/9893413/Oldham-Athletic-v-Everton-League-One-striker-Matt-Smith-could-be-the-next-Duncan-Ferguson-or-Andy-Carroll.html

Link to article with PGs comments a bottom. Surely has to be kept on regardless of who takes over as permanent manager. Adds value to players.

It states in the article his contract is not being renewed due to cost cutting measures. That is bollocks, Corney has already said in the media that the culling of Dickov's back room staff had nothing at all to do with finances.

I would wager the real reason ( as already mentioned on here ) is the possibility of any new manager wanting to bring in his own back room staff.

We can't offer him a long term contract under the present circumstances, however, it is quite likely that any new man would be happy to have Gerrard as goalkeeping coach.

I think Gerrard understands this and it is purely paper talk trying to stir up a story line. If Philly keeps the job until the end of the season then Gerrard will sign a short extension when his current deal runs out.

• 2 weeks later...

Will they pay out though? These bets are usually for the next permanent manager. TP's a caretaker, even if he stays until the end of the season.

Hope they pay out for you, I just wouldn't be so sure that they will.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Will they pay out though? These bets are usually for the next permanent manager. TP's a caretaker, even if he stays until the end of the season.

T&Cs say 10 games = perm.

T&Cs say 10 games = perm.

I was wondering this cause even after 10 games isn't he still technically a caretaker when the bet is next permanent? Regardless my tenner on Dowie is looking like a lost cause!