Michael Oliver

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the general consensus on here so far. The arogant :censored: pissed me off from the start. Summarised his game when tark's went up from header against howard towards the end of the game and howard ran out and jumped into him and fell to the ground. Oliver gives it Everton way. Whenever there was a ball in the box howard fell over becasue he knew Oliver was naive enough to go for it. His decisions might not cost us the game, but certainly hindered our chances.

Its funny, i thought he was poor and gave a lot Evertons way, but my mrs and her dad who are Everton fans felt he gave a lot to us. Agree with the points on Howard, soft arse, he obviously knew he would get everything today at one point he jumped on Tarkys back and got and got a foul

Elitist :censored:.

Handball for a penalty we should've had.

Any slight touch on an Everton player and it was a free-kick.

Influenced hugley by the crowd.

3 minutes added time was an utter disgrace.

Still thought the hinging point was Baxter's shot that hit the post but a penalty and the confidence to feel like we weren't playing against 11 men and a whistle would've helped us a lot.

Thought he was a disgrace tonight.

Simpson simply slipped and took Howard out with his momentum. To book him was ridiculous. The liner on our side was a joke too. Far too protective

Did you watch it on the tele? Or seen the highlights if you didn't? Simpson clearly looks at Howard mid way and knows Howard is going to get it. Simpson hardly attempted to jump. That's one of the few thing's the ref got right.

One prejudiced referee! Acted as if he had decided to protect the more skilful and cleaner premiership players from the league 1 dross. Everton are a brittle team lacking in confidence so that their first goal settled them. Had the clear penalty been given and scored no one can predict where the game would have ended. Even with him giving them everything he could i.e. the 10 yard run by Howard into our players being rewarded by a free kick they only managed 3 1. Had Smith come on earlier and had TP strengthened our overrun midfield, Moyes had learnt from the first leg, things could have been different. Premiership pansies who have forgotten that this is a contact sport. It was not a fair contest!

We probably wouldn't have anyway but we didn't stand a chance of getting a result with him as a ref. His protection of the big boys was embarrassing. He was dying to blow up for a foul every time we got a corner and every time Smith went anywhere near the ball.

We probably wouldn't have anyway but we didn't stand a chance of getting a result with him as a ref. His protection of the big boys was embarrassing. He was dying to blow up for a foul every time we got a corner and every time Smith went anywhere near the ball.

Totally agree with this. It's rare a ref can make a W L or D happen. This was that rarity. You can't win against a ref who won't let you create anything without blowing up for imaginary offences. Disgraceful reffing.

He warmed up with his head set on. I think at that point I was seriously concerned. Premier League referees refereeing a Premier League team against non-Premier League opposition has to be a conflict of interest doesn't it? Even if it's subconscious

On 27th February 2013, Oliver officiated the FA cup fifth round replay between Oldham Athletic and Everton. He put in a fantastic performance for the toffee's giving free kick after free kick, turning down a blatant oldham penalty appeal and taking it up the arse from most of the everton team who fell over when an oldham player went within 3 feet of them. Oldham manager Tony Philliskirk described him as a :censored:.

Just taken that from his wikipedia page, somebody has been at it already :laught30:

I'll reserve my judgement until I've watched the highlights we've been in a position before where we've slated an official only to be proven wrong although my initial instinct was he was very soft and helped kill any momentum we could build by gave in to Moyes pre-match comments about how the equaliser shouldn't have stood in the first game