Tonight's Match V Hartlepool Is Definitely OFF

The difference is that Cheltenham's governing body allows any of its four-legged participants, which break a leg, to be shot and possibly made into burgers. The football authorities have to be more responsible than that.

Could we not adopt the same policy?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is that Cheltenham's governing body allows any of its four-legged participants, which break a leg, to be shot and possibly made into burgers. The football authorities have to be more responsible than that.

What complete tosh .

They wont let horses run on frozen ground.

The truth is Latics are amateurish and act like a Blue Sq outfit , which is just as well as that's where we will be in a couple of years !!!!!

The truth is Latics are amateurish and act like a Blue Sq outfit , which is just as well as that's where we will be in a couple of years !!!!!

However true this may be, theres no way we could have played a lowly league game at BP tonight. We may even make an extra couple of grand by playing it next week.

How much income are they able to spend to make sure its in order??? Prob more than we get in a season they get in the festival time slot.

There'll be c. 250,000 people at Cheltenham this week. So around double our total attendance for the season and all paying and spending significnatly more than a BP matchgoer. They're not really comparable events!

There'll be c. 250,000 people at Cheltenham this week. So around double our total attendance for the season and all paying and spending significnatly more than a BP matchgoer. They're not really comparable events!

7 million in gate receipt for Cheltenham this week. Dont quote me on this but i am not so sure we would have made that against Hartlepool

How much is under shade? Everything seems to be thawing around here now. Saying the pitch is frozen let's bring the inspection earlier seems daft. Surely you'd say the pitch is frozen let's give it a couple of extra hours to see if it gets better.

Whats the point waiting when the ref and all involved looking at the forecast know it won't thaw.... Its frozen end of story. At least people having to take half a days holiday to get to the match no longer have to.

what are using to cover the pitch..... bedsheets ?

Can we not tap up some extra cash for the return of undersoil heating to go with the new stand...

Cheltenham racecourse frost covers are effective up to -6.

A Cheltenham racehorse is probably more valuable that the whole of the Latics squad.

I have to say, despite me thinking this decision was correct, the longer today has gone on the more I've thought it was a tad premature calling the game off at 10am

Yeah, but the pitch might have started to freeze again now. At least calling it off before the Hartlepool squad travelled meant we didn't incur their travelling expenses.

Yeah, but the pitch might have started to freeze again now. At least calling it off before the Hartlepool squad travelled meant we didn't incur their travelling expenses.

True and tbf just let the cat out and it looks like we may be in for a bit of freezing fog here in Chadderton too, so have to say i'm not too gutted that I have avoided dragging mine and Rosie's arses out on a very cold evening!