PRESS CONFERENCE AND INVITATION TO THE CLUB.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you set up a similar meeting fronted by the Chairman please Barry? I'm sure there'd be plenty more questions for him.

Barry, there is genuine concern over the future of our club. The above meeting is what the fans need.

I can't attend but will get behind Lee 100% from now until the end of the season.

I am however very dismayed at this appointment of a 31 year old rookie when we need experience in our hour of need.

I have always supported Corney, until now.

This appointment spells the end of our league days to me within the next couple of years.

It just confirms that TTA are ready to do a runner after we finally made a few quid.

SINGE. Whilst I cannot reply to everyone you should also be aware that my colleagues on the Board like myself have had vast experience at interviewing in this post and in other jobs.

I have chaired interviews that have been carried over a 5 day process and can assure you that the process at Oldham is exhaustive.

You are wrong to conclude as you do and can assure you that a number of applicant have been required to carry out a number of interviews during the process.Some of the journeymen I can assure you were not used to the process.

Barry

Whatever he says, the appointment's not right. Sure he's a sound fella and you all come away with respect and optimism but the manager's not the issue and it's not his responsibility to justify his appointment.

Nice idea but again, day before a crucial game, just adds to the strangeness of it all.

SINGE. Whilst I cannot reply to everyone you should also be aware that my colleagues on the Board like myself have had vast experience at interviewing in this post and in other jobs.

I have chaired interviews that have been carried over a 5 day process and can assure you that the process at Oldham is exhaustive.

You are wrong to conclude as you do and can assure you that a number of applicant have been required to carry out a number of interviews during the process.Some of the journeymen I can assure you were not used to the process.

Barry

You can dress it up anyway you like but it comes down to the owners saving money once again.

:censored:ing clueless!

Can't make 4pm, but I'd like some questions answered:-

1. Who carried out the interviews and who selected the manager?

2. Was anyone with actual football experience consulted about the applicants or involved in the process?

3. Has he been given a budget to add to the playing squad before the loan window shuts?

4. Does his think his lack of experience will be a problem (assuming it's Lee Johnson)?

Prozac - any chance you can chip these in, assuming you get a place?

can I allocate my place in the ballot to prozac? ;-)

Barry

I just hope Lee Johnson hits the ground running or the atmosphere is going to be horrendous at BP. If Lee is the new man I wish him well but the board have taken a massive gamble on a rookie when logic says we should be going for some experience. One thing that is puzzling is why has it taken so long to appoint somebody who is out of work ?

Hey Barry

A month or so ago we were told that the list of candidates applying and their credenials were very impressive. Well I wouldnt mind seeing the list because if a rookie manager is the best that the club can appoint and afford then it must have been a laughable list.

I could do with a good laugh tonight. I dont think that people are annoyed with Lee Johnson its Corney that they are miffed with.

We all know Johnson wont be here in the summer and a take over is imminent. We are aware that a new manager will be installed in the summer, its what division we will be in that we are all concerned with.

Hey Barry

We all know Johnson wont be here in the summer and a take over is imminent. We are aware that a new manager will be installed in the summer.

No offence Elvis but that sentence is pure bull :censored: - we dont know anything. Thats the point!

Barry

What journeymen where those out of interest?

Guest Scratch2000uk

Might as well have got the chuckle brothers in to manage us, they would fit in rather well with the clowns on the OAFC board. :clown:

Will Corney be at the conference?

If he isn't then I'd hope that whoever goes, I'm unable to attend, speaks constructively to Lee.

Easy to be mad at the club. I'm still a bit dazed at the whole process and comments on this site and all but this new manager needs to be addressed with respect and like any new manager that we have ever had.

The desire for every single fan on this board is to keep us in this division and to have some entertainment in the process so to pressurise this new man would be a very bad thing for the team and this new guy. I'm sure we all want him to be successful whether you like the idea of him being our manager or not.

My post is a bit of a plea to those who do attend to advise him, not to berate him. Save that for Corney. There's a lot of fans on this site who do know what they're talking about, so I hope they can be chosen.

Might as well have got the chuckle brothers in to manage us, they would fit in rather well with the clowns on the OAFC board. :clown:

They may also be better at passing than some of the players....

To me, to you.......