PRESS CONFERENCE AND INVITATION TO THE CLUB.

Will Corney be at the conference?

If he isn't then I'd hope that whoever goes, I'm unable to attend, speaks constructively to Lee.

Easy to be mad at the club. I'm still a bit dazed at the whole process and comments on this site and all but this new manager needs to be addressed with respect and like any new manager that we have ever had.

The desire for every single fan on this board is to keep us in this division and to have some entertainment in the process so to pressurise this new man would be a very bad thing for the team and this new guy. I'm sure we all want him to be successful whether you like the idea of him being our manager or not.

My post is a bit of a plea to those who do attend to advise him, not to berate him. Save that for Corney. There's a lot of fans on this site who do know what they're talking about, so I hope they can be chosen.

Well said

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some of the comments on this thread. You get the chance to meet up with the new manager and all you can speak about is assumption.We are as fans all ultimatly wanting the same thing, I would have thought it curteous and in all our interest to back whoever it is totally..

SINGE. Whilst I cannot reply to everyone you should also be aware that my colleagues on the Board like myself have had vast experience at interviewing in this post and in other jobs.

I have chaired interviews that have been carried over a 5 day process and can assure you that the process at Oldham is exhaustive.

You are wrong to conclude as you do and can assure you that a number of applicant have been required to carry out a number of interviews during the process.Some of the journeymen I can assure you were not used to the process.

Barry

Barry, if you were recruiting for a PC or WPC I would put my mortgage on you getting the right copper.. If Ian Hill was recruiting for a position within an estate agents I would trust the appointment.

What really scares me is the lack of football brains on the board, this isnt a dig at you, you know I have always backed you when needed.

I'm worried, only because of the lack of football knowledge on our current board, its not a critisism, just an observation.

Barry

You may be adept at the interview process, but last time you employed someone who impressed you through the process. His PR skills that shone through in that process were exemplary ,but he couldn't get his recruits to perform on the pitch. Hope you all have improved your skills since then.

Can't attend as requested by the new manager,would rather that he was getting on with sorting out our fight against relegation rather than pandering to the fans ,that can happen when he has saved us from relegation.

I've made my feelings on this appointment pretty clear.

BUT I would like to echo some of the comments on here, whoever meets the new manager should be respectful, after all he's only applied for a job and got it. Any frustration should be directed at those making the decision.

We only need to look at the Blackburn Steve Kean situation to see how this all ends if we don't get behind the team between now and the end of the season; and that's what we all should be doing.

I've made my feelings on this appointment pretty clear.

BUT I would like to echo some of the comments on here, whoever meets the new manager should be respectful, after all he's only applied for a job and got it. Any frustration should be directed at those making the decision.

We only need to look at the Blackburn Steve Kean situation to see how this all ends if we don't get behind the team between now and the end of the season; and that's what we all should be doing.

I totally agree, I will be behind the manager 100%.

It's the owners I am livid with!

Oh yes please Barry. I do have my opinions and after watching 45 years I feel sure I have the odd point to make and can advise the new manager of our good and bad points. I await your acceptance.

As I've already commented, without response, although I'm sure Barry's inbox is filling up quickly, a meeting with the owner and board should happen. If not now, at the end of the season or when our league status is confirmed. And preferably when as many as possible will be able to attend. We might not be the majority shareholders and therefore not able to make the decisions, but we are the majority stakeholders in the club and there are significant worries growing about its future and direction. The fans will back the manager, he's not the reason we're where we are. He also doesn't have any questions to answer about his performance just yet. The owner and board do. Let me know your thoughts in your own time Barry.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Crikey I hope this ballot is going to be rigged or he'll think he's walked into the bottom block....

Why, will you be there?

A very brave and bold move from the new man, especially if it is Lee. There's a lot of bewilderment and unrest at this appointment (non aimed at Lee I believe/hope) and fronting up to some fans in this situation is brave but the right thing to do. I only hope Corney does the same and explains his reasoning behind it. If he has good reasons fair enough. However, I suspect its a cheap option before he shoots off