PRESS CONFERENCE AND INVITATION TO THE CLUB.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lololololol BP1960. Looking forward to this new experience.!

Ibby or Royle Army. You have personally e mailed me on this subject. How many user names are you using on this site. It is getting confusing.!

I have based my offer for next week because I am aware that Simon C. has got many business commitments home and abroad in the next few weeks.

I can assure everyone that we work closely as a Board of Directors and it is totally unfair that Simon C. gets the blame on each occasion. If you want to direct criticism

all the Directors are involved and will be accountable.

Barry

Ibby or Royle Army. You have personally e mailed me on this subject. How many user names are you using on this site. It is getting confusing.!

I have based my offer for next week because I am aware that Simon C. has got many business commitments home and abroad in the next few weeks.

I can assure everyone that we work closely as a Board of Directors and it is totally unfair that Simon C. gets the blame on each occasion. If you want to direct criticism

Barry

So all directors will be present with you, what if the new manager who ever he is fails will he be removed ASAP who will make the shots while Simon is going away on business.

Barry

Is he staying next season Barry?

SINGE. Whilst I cannot reply to everyone you should also be aware that my colleagues on the Board like myself have had vast experience at interviewing in this post and in other jobs.

I have chaired interviews that have been carried over a 5 day process and can assure you that the process at Oldham is exhaustive.

You are wrong to conclude as you do and can assure you that a number of applicant have been required to carry out a number of interviews during the process.Some of the journeymen I can assure you were not used to the process.

Barry

Out of interest, did the prisoner confess after 5 days?

The prisoner confessed after 3 days lololololo. Answering some others. When the Chairman is away, other Directors have delegated powers. You are asking me to comment on failure before a new man is installed and I think that is inappropriate. Suffice to say that one fact is correct. The new manager cannot be held responsible for us currently being in the bottom 4 after 36 games. Nobody can give guarantees and nobody can suggest any manager, whoever he might be could wave a wand to get us out of trouble. I strongly beleive we will stay in the Division. .

I will get no thanks for patronising the Chairman but he is much maligned at times. He works tirelessly for our club and is passionate about what he does. He sacrfices a great deal in the name of the club and I have no reason to believe he will not be around in the future. He always say the club is for sale to the right person and it would have to be the right person. He says this in the interest of our club believing that greater investment would cure some of our ills. I for one would not want him to sell and I believe that the construction of the new stadium will be the start of better things over the long term. There is nobody more upset or disappointed about our season than the Board and we are doing everything in our power to turn it around.

Barry

Thanks for reply Barry, sorry if you got my message to the heart on the manager if he failed.

All i want to know if he here till end of the season, and why did Iain Dowie move never came off, could we go back in for him in the summer.

I hope you can answers this question if not, I will never know what is going to happen next.

You saying the board are trying to changed thing but why the cheap option after the FA CUP RUN we had.

Edited by BluesFan

You are assuming a cheap option. That is not correct. A lot of the journeymen would have worked for less believe me.

I cannot go into personal details for obvious reasons but the practicalities of Ian Dowie in respect to his personal commitments would have been very difficult to overcome.

His media work is very important to him. I think you would also agree that given the finances at our club we would not want to mortgage ourselves to anything we might find difficult to pay.

The cup money has nothing to do with anything. Manager contracts can be very expensive and the terms of a contract increases the better the applicant. On top of that you also have to consider the expense if an appointment does not work out and you can be liable for huge sums in paying a contract off.

There are many considerations and you do not go into any appointment with a short term in mind. That does not give the right impression to the players and smacks of uncertainty.

Hope this help a little. I also think people have got to remain grounded regarding the finances at our club and a lot of the cup money just means we lose less this financial year.

Barry

We might lose less but what does that mean really?

If we had gone out of the FA Cup this season at the first round, we'd still have survived, and in my opinion brought in the same standard of players.

If we'd bowed out against Liverpool, it will have been a mighty success with the gate money and tv money and we'd still have made a fortune that we hadn't planned to make.

But then we have 2 lots of gate receipts from a full BP and 35,000+ at GP, two lots of gate money and prize money for making it to that round. So even if you set aside the money we gained from beating Liverpool, it is a heck of a lot more on top on what was already a wealthy sum.

I don't understand why this cannot go back into the squad for next season to give us a chance of the top six.

Wasn't overly impressed when I heard who the new manager was going to be, and if it is Lee, I'll give him a chance. Part of me though hopes it isn't a short term appointment till the end of the season. He's young inexperienced and wasn't a well known player, my worry is if it's only short term will the players get behind him, support him and buy into whatever philosophy he has.

You are assuming a cheap option. That is not correct. A lot of the journeymen would have worked for less believe me.

I cannot go into personal details for obvious reasons but the practicalities of Ian Dowie in respect to his personal commitments would have been very difficult to overcome.

His media work is very important to him. I think you would also agree that given the finances at our club we would not want to mortgage ourselves to anything we might find difficult to pay.

The cup money has nothing to do with anything. Manager contracts can be very expensive and the terms of a contract increases the better the applicant. On top of that you also have to consider the expense if an appointment does not work out and you can be liable for huge sums in paying a contract off.

There are many considerations and you do not go into any appointment with a short term in mind. That does not give the right impression to the players and smacks of uncertainty.

Hope this help a little. I also think people have got to remain grounded regarding the finances at our club and a lot of the cup money just means we lose less this financial year.

Barry

Sorry but its just more excuses.

We have recently gained a bucket full of money that we were not expecting and Corney still insists on doing this on the cheap.

Surely a clause could have been put in an experienced manager's contract?

2 year deal as long as he keeps us up but we can cut and run if not.

Thanks for reply Barry, sorry if you got my message to the heart on the manager if he failed.

All i want to know if he here till end of the season, and why did Iain Dowie move never came off, could we go back in for him in the summer.

I hope you can answers this question if not, I will never know what is going to happen next.

You saying the board are trying to changed thing but why the cheap option after the FA CUP RUN we had.

That sentence structure, the syntax, it's....it's familiar...

The prisoner confessed after 3 days lololololo. Answering some others. When the Chairman is away, other Directors have delegated powers. You are asking me to comment on failure before a new man is installed and I think that is inappropriate. Suffice to say that one fact is correct. The new manager cannot be held responsible for us currently being in the bottom 4 after 36 games. Nobody can give guarantees and nobody can suggest any manager, whoever he might be could wave a wand to get us out of trouble. I strongly beleive we will stay in the Division. .

I will get no thanks for patronising the Chairman but he is much maligned at times. He works tirelessly for our club and is passionate about what he does. He sacrfices a great deal in the name of the club and I have no reason to believe he will not be around in the future. He always say the club is for sale to the right person and it would have to be the right person. He says this in the interest of our club believing that greater investment would cure some of our ills. I for one would not want him to sell and I believe that the construction of the new stadium will be the start of better things over the long term. There is nobody more upset or disappointed about our season than the Board and we are doing everything in our power to turn it around.

Barry

So much for being the fans' representative on the Board. What a waste of a quarter of a million quid that was.

Hi Guys and Girls

I have sent Barry a message this morning asking if my name can be taken off the list for today and another name drawn out of the hat. After a good nights sleep I decided that the new manager could not allay any of my fears, because we have just had a manager who could talk the talk but not walk the walk. Thus I be dubious about everything he said. My questions will be answered on Tuesday.

I hope the lucky few have a lovely time at the club today

Kind Regards

Doctor Worm

Barry

We made a profit last year. I am interested to know whats the big difference this year that with the additional income of the cup run we are set to make a loss?

We made a profit last year. I am interested to know whats the big difference this year that with the additional income of the cup run we are set to make a loss?

If, as Barry's suggesting, we can't break even with an unbudgeted c.1.2m coming in, we might as well fold the club now. That's utter bollocks.

A few questions I would have liked to ask, although these would have been to the board as opposed to Lee. For the purpose of these questions I would have put personal feelings aside regarding this appointment.

1) Given the clubs precarious situation, it is undoubtedly a huge risk to appoint a young manager at this time. But there is no sense in getting rid of a manager to replace him with someone with no better. So my question would be, after replacing one rookie manager with another, what credentials did you see in Lee that you thought were an improvement over

- The credentials of his predecessor Paul Dickov

- The credentials of the other applicants who made it to the interview stage, of which I imagine many will have had more experience.

2) Will he be bringing in an experienced number 2 and his own coaching staff?

If the books for the whole period under TTA and Corney were laid open, it wouldn't surprise me if it shows that on average the club has spent c 1.2m more than it has earnt every season.

Debt is just short of £6m.

So £600k a season?

£8k profit in 2011.

I'd expect the Liverpool game to have delivered a profit for 2012.

I'm certain that 2013 will show a profit. Even if it does result in repayment of debt to the major creditors.

Interview:

Board: welcome Lee, would you be willing to work on a contract that lasts till the end of the season?

Lee: Yes

Board: would you be willing to accept that avoiding relegation is a must

Lee: yes

Board: would you be willing to accept no money for transfers and should you keep the job next year you have a reduced budget and must field more youth players

Lee: Yes

Board: ok great, will you get some tips off your dad on the way?

Lee: yes

Board: great, one final thing would you sit in front of the fans and take some flack as they will be majorly scepticle about you!

Hope Lee hasn't just been a yes man out of desperation to get his first shot at management. The experienced men we wanted would have been demanding too much IMO!!