Five points out of nine

More than adequate to guarantee safety , if this continues.

Think both team would have been not too dismayed with a point beforehand , doubt anyone expected Scunny to get anything today.

Scunthorpe looking more and more doomed , only 5 games left & a much inferior goal difference.

First half would have been a dull 0-0 but for their guy runing past 4 powder puff tackles & Bouzy's mistake.

I thought all the back 5 had some dodgy moments first half apart from Big Jean who was imperious again.

Credit to the manager . Doubt his predecessor would have taken a Premier League striker off , ineffectual as he was.

Simpson got stuck into them and it worked a treat . There was space then for Obita ,Baxter & Croft to play some football.

More than adequate to guarantee safety , if this continues.

Think both team would have been not too dismayed with a point beforehand , doubt anyone expected Scunny to get anything today.

Scunthorpe looking more and more doomed , only 5 games left & a much inferior goal difference.

First half would have been a dull 0-0 but for their guy runing past 4 powder puff tackles & Bouzy's mistake.

I thought all the back 5 had some dodgy moments first half apart from Big Jean who was imperious again.

Credit to the manager . Doubt his predecessor would have taken a Premier League striker off , ineffectual as he was.

Simpson got stuck into them and it worked a treat . There was space then for Obita ,Baxter & Croft to play some football.

I really wish I could share your optimism, but I really am struggling to find much optimism from a 1-1 draw at home to one of our fellow relegation scrappers. We are by no means safe and if we perform like we did the first hour or so we will be playing in League 2 next season.

Too many pussycats out there again today, Tarky has improved markedly this season but thought he was :censored:ing Beckenbauer today and got himself into trouble time and again.

I'm far from happy with a solitary point, but satisfied we didn't lose. We were devoid of leadership, made bad decisions all over the park and when you are relying on Robbie Simpson to lead the line you are going to struggle. Baxter again had a poor afternoon, goal apart. EVERY one of the players out of contract can go for me, Whether we stay up or not. That first half performance was pathetic given the importance of the game.

I really can't see where the 4 wins in 7 games are going to come from… this squad has sold us short all season, sooner the summer comes the better.

Too many pussycats out there again today, Tarky has improved markedly this season but thought he was :censored:ing Beckenbauer today and got himself into trouble time and again.

I'm far from happy with a solitary point, but satisfied we didn't lose. We were devoid of leadership, made bad decisions all over the park and when you are relying on Robbie Simpson to lead the line you are going to struggle. Baxter again had a poor afternoon, goal apart. EVERY one of the players out of contract can go for me, Whether we stay up or not. That first half performance was pathetic given the importance of the game.

I really can't see where the 4 wins in 7 games are going to come from… this squad has sold us short all season, sooner the summer comes the better.

Exactly where I'm at.

I just hope to :censored: we can stay up and ship them all out and let Johnson bring his own players in.

These lazy bastards don't resemble the lion hearts who thrived against Liverpool, Everton and Forest and are cheating themselves week in week out.

I have no doubt our meticulous new manager will already have a list of players he is shipping out.

Considering our dreadful disciplinary record we have have very few physical players , I expect this to change.

Colchester simply tried what every other team who have walked away with a 0-1 win at our place. Keep your shape & wait for a misdirected pass , overhit cross , willd shot off target. As we all know we have been in trouble all season if we concede first, not one win at home , only 3 points.

We did create some quality chances second half , there have been much worse performances in previous games we have trailed imo.

This!

Will not miss a single one of these lazy, unfit, spineless so called "professional" footballers

Over to you LJ to re-build this sorry mess

Same here lancy and Prozac, where's the fight, the passion a bloody midfield and a captain

We're struggling for league one survival, the players are fighting for contracts and they produce this? Only ones to come out of this with some integrity for me are mvoto, tarky, (minus moments if madness), crofty, brown and Reid when he came on because of his impact

And Simpson motm?.......pah!

Shame on those that produced the goods against Liverpool, Everton etc that you serve up this drivel. Take a good look in a mirror

Wasn't convinced after Hartlepool we were safe, even less convinced now.....6 pointer today eh

P.s we play in blue at home, try passing to a fellow player wearing the same colour shirt that helps you know

It is now a race against Scunny when it could have been Scunny and Colchester! Can't see four wins but we won't need four wins. 7 more points will keep us up and after half time they at least looked like they wanted to win. So LJ did his job at half time and made the tactical change which resulted in the draw.

Edited by Hands on

Agree with below we don't need 4 wins.

Why on earth do people think we need 4 wins ?????

We have a vastly superior goal difference to Scunny.

Does anyone really think they will win 4 or 5 of their last 5 games.

Doubt they will get more than 7 points .....we would then need 6 points or more with our goal difference.

I thought Wes did what we expect off him. he broke up play really well. Smith on the other hand struggled to get into the game. I thought we looked more of a threat with simpson through the middle too. People who thought he was poor don't understand football.

People talking like colchester should be a easy game. They are to fighting for their life's. I'd think you're more likely to get an easier game against a mid table team. Colchester are a strong physical team and we were bullied off the pitch at times. Our players needed to get on with it and stop looking at the ref for a foul as you could tell 5 minutes in he was going to let strong challenges go. To many soft players in the team.

I thought Wes did what we expect off him. he broke up play really well. Smith on the other hand struggled to get into the game. I thought we looked more of a threat with simpson through the middle too. People who thought he was poor don't understand football.

Most of our fans dont understand football its why I spend most of my time biting my tongue to bleeding in the main stand!!

Most of our fans dont understand football its why I spend most of my time biting my tongue to bleeding in the main stand!!

Hear hear, there is nothing more frustrating than sitting in the main stand!! I cannot wait until the new stand is built

It is now a race against Scunny when it could have been Scunny and Colchester! Can't see four wins but we won't need four wins. 7 more points will keep us up and after half time they at least looked like they wanted to win. So LJ did his job at half time and made the tactical change which resulted in the draw.

Colchester are very much in the mix. Win at Preston on Tuesday and we're not yet safe ourselves. We'd be level on points with Colchester with a game in hand and if we're not safe then neither are they.

Write Scunny off at your peril, they still have Preston and Bury to play like us - we have a better run in than them but can't turn in performances like the first half today and expect to coast home.

Edited by jsslatic

So 7 points will keep us up but Shrewsbury, Preston and especially Carlisle who are 7 points in front of us are safe. Nevermind Colchester, but JSS has already said about that.

That's illogical, especially after you look at the fixture list and see how often the teams below 49 points play each other.

Hear hear, there is nothing more frustrating than sitting in the main stand!! I cannot wait until the new stand is built

Agreed . The sarcastic cheering when bouzy collected the ball soon after his mistake . What the :censored: does that achieve !!??

I thought 1st half was dire, we had chances notiable Barnard firing at the keeper and Simpson nearly scoring a wonder goal but we looked scared especially as soon as they scored

Bouzy's kicking was driving me potty all he needed to do was take a bit off and he kept kicking it at Croft when Simmo was beating Wilson their right-back in the air every time. Barnard looked isolated and Baxter was trying to be the hero misplacing killer passes and trying 35 yard efforts 1st time without even taking a 1st touch.

I thought Smith battled well in the middle of the park and it was hard to even remember Wes playing.

Brown did ok, Tarky a few mistakes apart again echo the above has come on leaps and bounds which I never thought he would do to be honest, I though Grounds was poor today but to be fair he has been 1 of the few who has preformed this season and Crofty again was my MOM.

Fair play to LJ credit where its due I thought he was mad making the changes he did but it worked and was impressed by Reid short cameo

I would have snapped your hand off had you offered me a point after 60mins so I wont complain. Its made Carlisle must win Saturday imo as I cant see us winning at Shrewsbury.

I would much rather our run in than Scunny and I think 8points would even see us safe, the worry is where they are coming from