The match day experience ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was your job to improve the match day experience at Boundary Park what would you do?

Let's try an avoid mentioning players & the new stand please

Get some supporters with drums, flags that sort of thing, maybe congregate in the Rocky Road end...

designated areas, so if you want to experience something in particular you know where to sit

Singers can sit with the singers

Those who want to sit all game can because everyone around them wants to sit

all the moaners can sit with all the moaners

all the fit blondes can sit next to me

Firstly..I'd introduce those safe standing rail seats that latics have approved in the new stand to get more fans in on the big cup games (could help towards creating the at atmosphere)

Secondly.. I'd lower the prices.. The leaked season ticket price was good but let's make it £10 an adult £5 under 16's & OAP on the day aswell.. More bums on seats even at a cut cost rate means more programmes, confectionary products, beer & merchandise bought..

Thirdly.. Loyalty Schemes with season ticket holders at the top of the pecking order, after that you build points up on a loyalty card, the more games you attended you more points you accumulate items bought from the club shop, away tickets sold at the ticket office, and the club run coach travel all could build up points

Points can be used to clarify who gets first dibs on cup tickets ie ST holders - Monday, 500+ loyalty points - Tuesday, open sale - Wednesday

Points could be traded in at the toward the end of the season for there value in match tickets or club merch etc...

Local produce... Why are we selling pre packed pies when we could be selling freshly made pies and hot pots from local suppliers?

Firstly..I'd introduce those safe standing rail seats that latics have approved in the new stand to get more fans in on the big cup games (could help towards creating the at atmosphere)

Secondly.. I'd lower the prices.. The leaked season ticket price was good but let's make it £10 an adult £5 under 16's & OAP on the day aswell.. More bums on seats even at a cut cost rate means more programmes, confectionary products, beer & merchandise bought..

Thirdly.. Loyalty Schemes with season ticket holders at the top of the pecking order, after that you build points up on a loyalty card, the more games you attended you more points you accumulate items bought from the club shop, away tickets sold at the ticket office, and the club run coach travel all could build up points

Points can be used to clarify who gets first dibs on cup tickets ie ST holders - Monday, 500+ loyalty points - Tuesday, open sale - Wednesday

Points could be traded in at the toward the end of the season for there value in match tickets or club merch etc...

Local produce... Why are we selling pre packed pies when we could be selling freshly made pies and hot pots from local suppliers?

All good ideas but as shown last year even if prices where reduced i still dont think we get more than 6000

Doesn't something legal have to happen first?

Would this increase revenue? And as the proposed season ticket price was £240, why would anybody buy a season ticket?

They just ditched Teamcard because only 100 people used it.

Doesn't that overcomplicate a fairly simple set up?

A bit like Teamcards that nobody used.

Would this increase revenue?

(Not disagreeing with everything you've posted, just trying to see it through Corney's eyes)

1) Have safe standing seats been proposed for the new stand? The existing rules are that once a ground has gone to all seater they can't go back. That's beyond the club's control.

2) The club needs to make money, we'd all like to get in cheaper but the club need the money. I do not believe the club will do these £240 STs as it's all gone very quiet but the prices you are proposing for pay on the gate mean those STs would need to be even cheaper.

First proposal would not get football league approval.

Regarding your second proposal, if you waned to watch Oldham Athletic play in League 1 this would not be an option. People can moan about price all they want but the reality of the situation is Latics are one of the cheapest teams to watch in the league as it is, and whether people like it or not, what Latics charge is around the going rate for football in League 1, maybe even a bit less. If people want to pay only £10 a game to watch Latics on a regular basis then be prepared to watch them in the conference north or lower, because its about that level where those kind of prices are sustainable. And as said on here, there is no guarantee that the gates would increase, as the golden ticket scheme last season illustrated.

The third point I agree with, more loyalty incentives could be introduced, even if it is a small discount for season ticket renewals as opposed to new business.

Just look down the road to what Citeh do in terms of matchday experience. Bar next to the stadium, live band or some music before the game, interview a former player, manager etc. Get the fans down there for 1pm not 2:55pm.

Just look down the road to what Citeh do in terms of matchday experience. Bar next to the stadium, live band or some music before the game, interview a former player, manager etc. Get the fans down there for 1pm not 2:55pm.

A winning team is really all it takes to get things moving. If we could just get a team capable of challenging towards the top of the table instead of a season after season battle to survive that would be a start.

Supporters come to watch a game of football first and foremost and hopefully a winning team, until we have some sort of success on the pitch nothing will change.

Top facilities would help capitalise on an increase in footfall if it were to happen but a shiny stand on it's own won't make a difference.

You need only to check out Colchester's home crowds this season which have dropped off alarmingly after the impetus of a new stadium.

The new stand will be great asset and gives the club an opportunity to get fans in a couple of hours early, spending their hard earned........and even for a couple of hours after the game, maybe even longer.

The biggest single factor required is a successful team......if we were to get that and a new stand by the end of next season we will be well on our way.

A winning team is really all it takes to get things moving. If we could just get a team capable of challenging towards the top of the table instead of a season after season battle to survive that would be a start.

Supporters come to watch a game of football first and foremost and hopefully a winning team, until we have some sort of success on the pitch nothing will change.

Top facilities would help capitalise on an increase in footfall if it were to happen but a shiny stand on it's own won't make a difference.

You need only to check out Colchester's home crowds this season which have dropped off alarmingly after the impetus of a new stadium.

The new stand will be great asset and gives the club an opportunity to get fans in a couple of hours early, spending their hard earned........and even for a couple of hours after the game, maybe even longer.

The biggest single factor required is a successful team......if we were to get that and a new stand by the end of next season we will be well on our way.

Sorry for mentioning the new stand!!!

If it was your job to improve the match day experience at Boundary Park what would you do?

Let's try an avoid mentioning players & the new stand please

Let the crowd out at half time, and give then a fiver to come back for the second half.

Edited by BP1960

A really simple and low cost idea that I sent to the club when they were "doing things up" - put some shelves up on the walls in the RRE so that people do not have to put their pint on the floor or have to juggle their pie with their programme or pint.

Quite why the club expect their dedicated fans to turn up early and spend money on food / drink when they won't even provide the most meagre of facilities is beyond belief.

There is no reason to arrive early at BP - I turn up at 2:55 and watch the game.

Difficult to do without a new stand - but a 'indoor' area under a stand with a bar and some TVs showing the early kick off game on Sky meaning people could get there, have a couple of beers and watch the second half of the early KO would be OK. If there are no live games, show an extended highlights of the last away game / goals of the season so far / previous classic seasons (we have had some).

The live music, competitions, interviews etc. as well help a bit, but all there is, is a stand with no communal areas to hang round / chat / eat & drink etc without getting wet / cold or both most of the time.

How about a portakabin bar setup in the carpark for home fans only - a few table / chairs / TVs etc could be a way round until a new stand is built - lets be honest carpark is more than big enough.

Think we've covered most of what I'd like. Get to the ground early watch a pre match game and a drinksy, something to eat maybe, somewhere to keep the kiddies occupied too.

Something(s) that are going to get people to the ground early to spend some dosh or even after the game.

None games? Same need a sports bar / gym to get folk in.

The gym I used at sandbrook park is now closed new owners pending and I can't afford the prices at he DW one at elk mill so, new stand, get a gym in and I'd be able to get to it via shankey's pony too and not rely on a mate to drag me there

as sad as it sounds i,d start again and move the club out of oldham, somewhere like middleton or ashton, personally the council, stayaway fans of oldham dont deserve a club we,d all still go but it could open up a huge new catchment area for the club. if i was corney thats what i,d do

as sad as it sounds i,d start again and move the club out of oldham, somewhere like middleton or ashton, personally the council, stayaway fans of oldham dont deserve a club we,d all still go but it could open up a huge new catchment area for the club. if i was corney thats what i,d do

You had me with the LJ is a southerner so I don't want him rubbish, but you have given the game away here. WUM.

Edited by jsslatic