The 'Oldham Disease'...

Hartlepool's Chairman said they went down because they suffered from the 'Oldham Disease'. At least Corney makes sense with his outbursts! Can anyone make sense of him?

Hartlepool's Chairman

Also, did anyone listen to GMR last night? Apparently SC was on there moaning about attendances and mentioned merging? Hope he was just being dramatic...

Hartlepool's Chairman said they went down because they suffered from the 'Oldham Disease'. At least Corney makes sense with his outbursts! Can anyone make sense of him?

Hartlepool's Chairman

Also, did anyone listen to GMR last night? Apparently SC was on there moaning about attendances and mentioned merging? Hope he was just being dramatic...

Merging with who? Please don't say the "Manchester North End" idea is rearing its ugly head again!

Edited by RoytonLatics

I think he means we've relegated all three teams. Bury by beating them, and Pools and Portsmouth by beating Yeovil.

That is one plausible explanation, but I prefer to imagine something relating to Mr The Owl failing to follow safe sex protocol with H'Angus

If we win and Colchester win on Saturday, that's Scunny down as well. All four teams succumb to the Oldham disease.

I prefer to think of us as hangmen, but there we go.

Well as we were home to Albert Pierrepoint, the hangmen is a good historical reference, too.

I find the fact he'd even consider it quite disconcerting.

He was asked about Bury's financial situation and said it was a massive struggle for teams like Bury, Rochdale and ourselves. Looks like this merger that goes back years and never been taken off the back burner.

I think you'd end up with an entirely passionless fanbase that wouldn't muster attendances much more than any of the three sides get at present.

As for the 'Oldham disease' - I presume he means prolonged periods without scoring goals.

Corney when interviewed before the Bury game dropped the merger quote but said that Saturday was not the right time to talk about such things.

I would probably support a merger. However being the highest ranked team out of the 3 I would insist that the name of club is Oldham athletic and the badge contains an owl, I would allow Rochdale to bring blue as the home kit while Bury could have their white as the 3rd kit and our Tangerine shall be the away kit. I'd want to make sure the team still plays within the borough of Oldham though.

I would probably support a merger. However being the highest ranked team out of the 3 I would insist that the name of club is Oldham athletic and the badge contains an owl, I would allow Rochdale to bring blue as the home kit while Bury could have their white as the 3rd kit and our Tangerine shall be the away kit. I'd want to make sure the team still plays within the borough of Oldham though.

I'm not sure about this. It sounds like you're just volunteering to take on Bury's debt. :deal:

I support Oldham. If there was a merger I wouldn't support the merged team. There would be less support for a merged team than there is for Oldham. I would probably start supporting my local team which is Mossley. The idea goes beyond stupidity!

I support Oldham. If there was a merger I wouldn't support the merged team. There would be less support for a merged team than there is for Oldham. I would probably start supporting my local team which is Mossley. The idea goes beyond stupidity!

Even if the club was called Oldham athletic, played within the borough of Oldham and had 3 kits consisting of blue, white and tangerine. Oh and having an owl on the badge, I don't know something like a scarf under a ball, with an owl on top.

Even if the club was called Oldham athletic, played within the borough of Oldham and had 3 kits consisting of blue, white and tangerine. Oh and having an owl on the badge, I don't know something like a scarf under a ball, with an owl on top.

I don't think that's a merger, sounds like that's just Rochdale and Bury not existing with us getting the pick of their players and a very small number of their fans.

If it were to happen i wouldnt bother with football at all anymore.Im already bored with it, if it doesnt involve Oldham. I have Sky , but dont really watch much football on it . Starting to wonder if its worth having as i only really watch test cricket on it , and for what i pay i could watch it live i suspect.