Paul Black

We do need a back up full back, I think we have the makings of a solid defence. M'voto and Grounds are class, Brown is improving every game and I think Glenn will be a good centre half when he matures, we could do with a leader like Gregan though, and I would be more that happy for Byrne to take this role if he wants to stay, of course.

I rate Black as a pretty decent L1 left back.

Dickov brought in Evina & Diallo to replace him; but neither really managed it - and Black ended up winning his place back both times.

As competiton anx back up to Grounds; on the right wage, i would have him back.

Dickov brought in Evina & Diallo to replace him; but neither really managed it - and Black ended up winning his place back both times.

He's certainly not as bad as some are making out but I would think there are better players out there. Not nearly as good as Grounds.

I rated Diallo a lot more than I did Paul Black

:laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30:

I know that Diallo was far from great but it just shows how poor I thought Paul Black was. His positioning is some of the worst I've seen from a full back in a Latics kit. When he got forward his crosses in we're dreadful (which Diallo was a lot better at) and even defending he was far from any good.

I know that Diallo was far from great but it just shows how poor I thought Paul Black was. His positioning is some of the worst I've seen from a full back in a Latics kit. When he got forward his crosses in we're dreadful (which Diallo was a lot better at) and even defending he was far from any good.

After Kuqi's first goal, did Diallo ever cross another ball in a Latics shirt?

Black isn't one of the best fullbacks in the world but for me this thread is making me scratch my head why any young kid would want to play for us. He was a kid from our youth setup who was learning his trade in the first team, a Latics fan too yet like other young full backs Makin, Tierney and Eardley all went on to bigger things than us after being written off by so many at BP.