new shirt sponsor

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When do we get the club statment explaining why the current home kit didnt last two years as origially stated.

Do we get the new kit half price to compensate ?

Yes, and they'll throw in a full price season ticket to sweeten the deal.

New shirt's proven me wrong, I'd thought and hoped (for the sake of those who bought a shirt in the last year) that the current home kit would stay for another 12 months.

Blacks - now there's a sponsor I can get excited about; perhaps the club can negotiate an exclusive discount for fans and I can get some cheap outdoor gear!

When do we get the club statment explaining why the current home kit didnt last two years as origially stated.

Do we get the new kit half price to compensate ?

Or confirmation from Barry that he has expressed concerns to the board as to fans being ripped off and that their case argued vehemently (even if it was ultimately decided against). That's what a fans' representative on the board is supposed to be. Barry, please could you confirm this has happened? I will PM to make sure this is seen.

For what it's worth, doesn't affect me as I don't (as a rule of thumb) buy shirts.

Or confirmation from Barry that he has expressed concerns to the board as to fans being ripped off and that their case argued vehemently (even if it was ultimately decided against). That's what a fans' representative on the board is supposed to be. Barry, please could you confirm this has happened? I will PM to make sure this is seen.

For what it's worth, doesn't affect me as I don't (as a rule of thumb) buy shirts.

Fat chance about concerns expressed, and fat chance with your PM. Doesn't deign to respond in my experience.

I am grateful that we are seeing the back of the awful drab blue shirt. I wish they had given it up before the end of the season. It was not a good colour to play in.

Is Raspberry by any chance a shade of, dare I say it, RED?

24hours, I anticipate that will be the case but we live in hope.

We've had a few statements and posts recently showing a board's representative to the fans, I'd like some form of confirmation that we have a fans' representative on the board.

Edited by jsslatic

We may (and will) laugh at some of the sponsors on other kits - and I agree that Blacks is an OK brand on the new shirt - but I recall that in the first season of the Premier League we couldn't get a shirt sponsor at the start, and it was only in the lead up to the first live Sky game that JD Sports came in.

Sp perhaps we shouldn't look down our noses too much.

I also remember the derision pointed towards MUFC over the years for the number and volume of kit changes they had - but the number of changes at Latics over the last 5 - 10 years must be equally high? If its not a new kit, its a change in sponsor, or a change in manufacturer therefore necessitating a change in kit again. But I agree, we should see an explanation of why next years home kit is not just the current kit with a new sponsor.

I stopped buying away kits as soon as the 'one year as a second, one year as a third kit' nonsense started. And home kits are now hit / miss. And I am glad I didn't buy the current one as its lasted one year.

I did get a 'limited edition' white kit last week, and may buy the new hoe kit with the ST discount....but then again never been a fan of central badges.