Pre Season friendlies

Done this drive meself and must back up what it's saying, On arrival to Applecross it was pissing down and the midges were so severe that we couldn't get back into the car fast enough

Yea it would be pretty miserable and treacherous in the rain. We were really lucky - clear blue skies and great views across to Skye from Applecross.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham Athletic are pleased to announce their Pre-Season Tour 2013

We're going on a tour……………………….

Ashton United

Mossley

Stalybridge

Droylsden

Curzon Ashton

New manager Lee Johnson is said to be delighted of the club's Pre-Season tour of Tameside, excursions to Portland Basin, Hyde Water Park and a meal at The Hartshead have already been booked.

The Village Hotel Ashton Moss and Nandos are said to be excited at the opportunity to host the Oldham Athletic Touring Party...

Of course the club have insisted on economising in travel costs, the whole team will be travelling in comfort in First Bus' excellent new fleet of 409s, now every 37 seconds to ferry them to their Ashton Moss Base, although the final leg will have to be a 1/2 mile yomp via the new M & S outlet. To break such a gruelling journey Don Corney will spring for £1.50 breakfasts at IKEA for the whole party. Contingency plans are in place for those players who cannot follow floor arrows and may get lost within the sprawling store.

The club have asked for 8 players per room at the Villages and the hotel chain are delighted to accommodate the club's request of bunk beds.

Manager Lee Johnson has explained the players are free to sample the excellent local night life and will expect 'banana ratings' on each and every one of the Summer Blockbusters - including Monsters Inc II…as he isn't tall enough to get in to see it…..

Manager Johnson said of the Pre-Season venues, "If Hurst Cross was good enough for Ian Olney to break his ankle, and for Brian Talbot to give his team of turds a run out at Stalybridge - it's good enough for my lot. We'll be conducting scientific experiments on each and every player, such as how many Shrimps can Alex Cisak put on a barbie, how many donuts can big Jean get round his old chap, and how many different suits can I wear in a week…."

"All in all, it will be a good work out for the young kids too and if players like young Glenn, Joe Cooper and Danny Gossett step out of line then we can threaten them with their parents coming to pick them up…and grounding them for the rest of pre-season"

Chairman Simon Corney from his luxury Caribbean retreat, sponsored by ITV Transmissions Said, "It's a great choice, it's costing me :censored: all this tour, except a few weekly bus tickets, and a few cinema tickets and all the coaches have Orange 2 4 1 Wednesday anyway, but the trip it makes sense we're not cost cutting - the Latvia trip would have been much cheaper, I mean it's 7p a pint over the there and luxury flights alone with Easy Jet would have been at least £4 return…." Whilst it's not breaking the bank, I could have gone 16 per room and had them sleeping on the floor, but then there's the sleeping bag outlay, £13 for the bus for a week each is pushing the boat out a bit. Johnson suggested the Tram but I told him I wasn't made of :censored:ing money! The players will get all the nutrition they need on the tour - plenty of tap water, crab apples and i've photocopied loads of KFC coupons. It'll be a trip to remember and just the preparation we need for our promotion push next year…."

Manager Lee Johnson on hearing Corney's words, simply picked up his phone, silently dialled, before murmuring…."Dad………….."

Gutted that newly promoted Abbey Hey & Hyde didnt make the cut :) if we are lucky there be enough to go visit Stockport

simon corney still owes a tour here

Latics have announced that plans to tour Israel in summer 2009 have been postponed .

The club had hoped to stage a warm-weather training camp in the country, including games against high-profile opposition.

No one goes to Scotland because it's full of inbred picts who blame 'the English' for everything. Nobody else could come out with the racially based :censored: they spout off at every opportunity, apart from Hitler in the 1930s.

One day they'll break from the union (which they asked to join becuase they'd gone bankrupt due to their own stupidity) and then they can't blame anyone else for being as infuential as Iceland.

Also, it makes Oldham look like the Med - it never stops pissing down.

No to the Scottish tour!!!

Yes to Wales. The joys of Prestatyn (stay at the Pearl), Rhyl (without compare), Colwyn Bay, Bangor and Caernarvon.

We get a lot of our kids from the area, it's much closer and has a lot of pretty scenery(!).

No one goes to Scotland because it's full of inbred picts who blame 'the English' for everything. Nobody else could come out with the racially based :censored: they spout off at every opportunity, apart from Hitler in the 1930s.

One day they'll break from the union (which they asked to join becuase they'd gone bankrupt due to their own stupidity) and then they can't blame anyone else for being as infuential as Iceland.

Also, it makes Oldham look like the Med - it never stops pissing down.

No to the Scottish tour!!!

Yes to Wales. The joys of Prestatyn (stay at the Pearl), Rhyl (without compare), Colwyn Bay, Bangor and Caernarvon.

We get a lot of our kids from the area, it's much closer and has a lot of pretty scenery(!).

Errrm, this sentence sums up the welsh quite well in all but name.

Errrm, this sentence sums up the welsh quite well in all but name.

Irony,oh the irony. Having lived here for so long, it really does, but to nothing like the same extent.

They made the scousers cry by forcing them to apologise for flooding a valley (a village was involved).

The main difference is the numerous connections with the north-west. Everyone here has relatives over there, they all go shopping over there and they all support north west teams (and Leeds for some reason).

There's a lot of English people all down the coast. They call the area around Rhyl the Scouse Riveira.

Tour of selnec, then.

Many years ago Latics did a pre season tour playing at East Stirling, East Fife (if memory still serves me correct) and Arbroath. Won one, Drew one and lost at Abroath I believe that following year the Club went to Rhodesia

Edited by another fan

Accrington Stanley ,well at least we will be able to stop the coach and take photos of the hollands pie factory (like we did last time we played them in some lower league cup) was the highlight of the night

Cheltenham Town

Gloucester City

Forest Green Rovers

Cirencester Town

Brockworth Albion

Oldham Athletic Tour of Gloucestershire 2013

Come on Corney and LJ, you know it makes sense! :oasissign1:

If we are heading in that direction be rude not to play Worcester City or Basingstoke.