5 little things that annoy you about Football

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably just me but I'd want to get the :censored: out of there and wouldn't be hanging around to see someone else lift the trophy.

I always said that... til that night at Loftus road. I was there for 10 minutes - for no reason.

Here's mine, will admit alot have been influenced by Latics but they are also applicable to many other clubs too.

1) Fans living in the past, obsessed with the nostalgia of a bygone era, unwilling to move on and basing their unrealistic expectations on what was achieved in this era.

2) Clubs which adopt a 'get by' mentality or a 'survival' mentality as opposed to a move forward mentality.

3) When a supposed 'professional' football club is run in such an amateurish fashion from top to bottom and tries to do everything 'on the cheap' at the expense of the professional image of their respective football club.

4) Bitter Fans, in particular those who are bitter about players moving on from their own club to better themselves elsewhere, and those whose love for their own team is eclipsed by their hatred for another (Everton fans and Man City fans guilty parties here in particular).

5) Watching a team set their stall out to 'not lose' .

Its because of reasons 2-5 is why fans do reason 1.

Awards dinners ran by the club... REALLY get to me.

The player of the year award was always given out on the lst game of the season. The season ticket holders get to see it and the player gets a great clap. Now you have to go to an awards dinner.

Some people don't want to go, some people can't go.

Bring back the FANS player of the year award to be presented on the final home game. The rest can be presented at an awards dinner.

John Terry joining in the celebrations when he didn't play........... with his KIT ON!!!

As did Ryan Bertrand, Hilario and others who weren't even on the bench either. As is normal, that isn't mentioned but Terry gets the flack. JT is the club captain, so why shouldn't he join in? Everyone else did. I don't get it, sorry.

But please let's not turn this into nothing more than a JT bashing thread.

Edited by Bristolatic

As did Ryan Bertrand, Hilario and others who weren't even on the bench either. As is normal, that isn't mentioned but Terry gets the flack. JT is the club captain, so why shouldn't he join in? Everyone else did. I don't get it, sorry.

He had shin pads on.

Quite right. That cnut deserves a bashing thread of his own.

I don't get why non-Chelsea fans are getting so upset over the whole John Terry thing

I don't get the thing with coming out with a full kit on - surely you'd just do it in your suit.

As for Terry abuse, I suspect it's this along with the collection of other things he's done... Shagging Wayne Bridge's Mrs - *Apparent* Racism towards Anton Ferdinand...

I don't get the thing with coming out with a full kit on - surely you'd just do it in your suit.

As for Terry abuse, I suspect it's this along with the collection of other things he's done... Shagging Wayne Bridge's Mrs - *Apparent* Racism towards Anton Ferdinand...

See my post in the JT thread about doing it in your suit. Literally looking daft.

As for Terry abuse, I suspect it's this along with the collection of other things he's done... Shagging Wayne Bridge's former but no longer girlfriend - *Apparent* Racism towards Anton Ferdinand...

FTFY. Yep, he was shagging someone else whilst married to MrsT. I can't condone that, be he sure as hell ain't alone. That doesn't make it right, of course.

1 - players surrounding the ref. Send any player off that approaches the ref other than the team captain. It would be a weird two months but they'd get the message.

2 - lack of a sinbin. Great idea in rugby.

3 - celebrating a players retirement with virtual a whole newspaper devoted to him. Yes David, I'm talking to you.

4 - polls on this ere site.

5 - Simon Cowell.

Non-believers going on about the early ninties. We have our heroes I know but every time you mention Latics, people want to talk about something I never got to experience... 65% of the fans ended up turning their backs on us and support Citeh/Yernited.

Edited by SholverBlue

1. Football "fans" who've never been to a game that doesn't involve their team.

2. The offside rule. All I'm asking is that it's simple enough for me to understand.

3. Rubbish pies.

4. No pies.

5. Pat :censored:ing Nevin.

1. Football "fans" who've never been to a game that doesn't involve their team.

2. The offside rule. All I'm asking is that it's simple enough for me to understand.

3. Rubbish pies.

4. No pies.

5. Pat :censored:ing Nevin.

You don't understand the offside rule?

I know you mean the current incarnation rather than the concept as a whole, but still. It's really quite simple.

Edited by LaticsChris