Coventry next season

Birmingham would be the easiest by far for the fans to get to, but the rent would probably be beyond CCFC.

The problem with Walsall is that less of the fans would be willing to travel there, same for Leicester, however at least then Walsall's 10K capacity would probably not then be such a big issue,

Maybe they could rent Birmingham just for their big games.

Birmingham would be the easiest by far for the fans to get to, but the rent would probably be beyond CCFC.

The problem with Walsall is that less of the fans would be willing to travel there, same for Leicester, however at least then Walsall's 10K capacity would probably not then be such a big issue,

Maybe they could rent Birmingham just for their big games.

Don't think you are allowed to rent a stadium just for big games, possibly unless it's a cup game.

Walsall have a petition going to try and stop them groundsharing saying they will make a loss. Nene Park no one is playing there but need increasing is it worth it for three years. Saying that that I work at the royal Mail and all letters, parcels with a CV postcode along with MK and NN goes to a site in Northampton to be sorted. Milton Keynes could easily be a groundsharing option, the other outside bet is Burton Albion New ground. Still.think And rather it be Birmingham.

I like both St Andrews and The Hawthorns. (It's a number of years since I went to either to be fair.)

St Andrews is easier for me to get to should I fancy it. I think they should go there.

Knew they'd get their own way if they spat their dummy out long enough reckon they'll have to forfeit all or most match day income of concessions etc to get that gig...

Good news though as I have yet to get to the Ricoh - as for charges...

"All charges incurred on match day as a consequence of staging a football match, will be passed through at cost.

"For example, stewarding, policing, utilities, frost protection, match day repairs to stadium, health safety and compliance management and certification, service charges for maintenance contracts e.g. flood lights, generators etc."

Walsall have a petition going to try and stop them groundsharing saying they will make a loss. Nene Park no one is playing there but need increasing is it worth it for three years. Saying that that I work at the royal Mail and all letters, parcels with a CV postcode along with MK and NN goes to a site in Northampton to be sorted. Milton Keynes could easily be a groundsharing option, the other outside bet is Burton Albion New ground. Still.think And rather it be Birmingham.

Ah the postcode debate. I know, let's build a new ground in Todmorden (OL14)

Ah the postcode debate. I know, let's build a new ground in Todmorden (OL14)

Not debating the postcode just pointing out potential locality as in my job many cut backs and offices have been closed down and relocated. Just an example of a further potential groundsharing option. All the better they stay in Coventry itself.

Edited by oafctom

How are we liking this news? Hopefully they wont take up the option to be honest. Where is there income if the matchday takings are basically absorbed by the ground theyre playing in? Maybe Im being short sighted here but sounds suspiciously bad.

How are we liking this news? Hopefully they wont take up the option to be honest. Where is there income if the matchday takings are basically absorbed by the ground theyre playing in? Maybe Im being short sighted here but sounds suspiciously bad.

From an Oldham fan view, I think it's good news. As it puts a dampner on Cov's promotion challenge, and will therefore make it easier for us to finish higher than them.

From a football (in general) fan's view its not good news.

The errors Cov have made will provide useful learning tools for other clubs who get into the situation where the club doesn't own its ground.

I'm just happy because I like the Ricoh :grin:

Knew they'd get their own way if they spat their dummy out long enough reckon they'll have to forfeit all or most match day income of concessions etc to get that gig...

As far as I am aware they have not been getting match day income at all, which is another reason they wanted to leave.

As far as I am aware they have not been getting match day income at all, which is another reason they wanted to leave.

They only recive ticket income and hospitality, they want food and beverage but were quoted £24 million to buy it back.

Another big club deep in the brown stuff:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22888346

Although its not a particularly nice thing to think about but are there any players at Hearts that we could possibly pick up on the cheap? Other clubs plundered us in a similar way in 2003.

Our manager briefly played for them so he may know some folk there. He also seems to have a liking for Scottish based players.

The Administrator has accepted the bid from the Otium Entertainment Group, the part of the club not in Administration which owns the contracts of the players and management. He said "I realise and appreciate the end result of the sale process will not necessarily be welcomed by a large number of Coventry fans".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22913459