Another in by Friday

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just what I've been told, it's more than likely absolute tosh but you never know...

Not knocking it, just interested in where the rumour had come from. He (JC) has scored goals throughout his career, but - having read an article on him in 4-4-2, he does seem a bit of an 'ego' - calmed down a bit with age, but still not sure he'd be the type of character LJ would go for? Very decent finisher though, depends if he's still got the legs I guess??

Cureton might be 37 (38 in August) but he's scored 40 odd goals in the last 3 seasons (more than half in League One) not be sniffed at. Experience, and the fox in the box type we've lacked for years. His age is an issue but if the young kids can learn from him then i'd take him on a 12 month deal no problem.

If LJ called a 37 year old player "really good" I would have to question his judgement.

Really? I could understand you questioning his judgement if he called a 37 year old player a "talented youngster", but in terms of footballing ability, I'll leave that to him!

Edited by Microcuts

I doubt it's Cureton. Out of his 20 or so years playing as a professional he's spent about 3 months of it in the north playing for Barnsley on loan. At 37 it's unlikely he's going to change so drastically to come up here.

If I'm wrong and it is him though I'd be very pleased. He's a proven goalscorer and being 3rd top scorer with 21 league goals last season in League 2 shows he still has a lot of ability. He'll add the element of experience and I can just imagine it will be a delight for Baxter to play alongside a guy that will instinctively get into positions that he can play his trademark through balls to.

Look at Yeovil this season, they had James Hayter who's 34 partnering young Madden. Hayter scored 14 league goals and undoubtedly was a great influence on the team. That's the sort of thing Cureton could bring.

Although, if your source is a :censored:ty transfer rumour site I've wasted the last 5 minutes....