Another in by Friday

I'd be looking to replace Wesolowski. He's not a poor player or particularly bad last season I just think if we're going to progress we have to replace these average players with good players. He's a 'gets stuck in and works hard' sort of footballer but we should aim to have someone who can do that element of the game and more. If Mellor improves again over the summer and keeps his form from the end of last season I'd like to see him get in the side.

Wes played 35+ games for the Posh in League 1 when they got promoted. Not many recent Oldham players could say they got promoted out of this league.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wesolowski's performances don't merit him being one of our highest earners (which he is) so I would get rid if possible. Korey Smith would be a great signing I hope it's him, he really impressed me when on loan and I think him and Mellor can form a good partnership in midfield next season.

Lee Camp & Simeon Jackson have also been released by Norwich. Experienced goalie and a proper goalscorer (at our level). Guessing their both out of our range though. Have a word please Korey.

Also Marc Tierney released but we don't really need a left back at the moment.

Lee Camp & Simeon Jackson have also been released by Norwich. Experienced goalie and a proper goalscorer (at our level). Guessing their both out of our range though. Have a word please Korey.

Also Marc Tierney released but we don't really need a left back at the moment.

Tierney is supposed to be going to Bolton

Jackson rumoured for Forest or Leicester.

Aye, and Gareth Bale's seems keen on leaving Tottenham but we're already covered for an attacking midfielder.

Point taken. It was probably a daft thing to say.

I wouldn't say that Tierney is that much better than Grounds though.

I like Grounds but Tierney is miles better than him.

Based on where he's ended up after leaving us. Based on what we saw whilst here, I'd take Grounds. He was alright but I never guessed Tierney would go on to bigger and better things.