Another in by Friday

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Worrall

Would require a drastic change of circumstances in terms of the transfer fee. Heard Arfield mentioned more than once. I don't really remember him playing against us, but has a decent amount of experience for somebody of 24.

Edited by Microcuts

Would require a drastic change of circumstances in terms of the transfer fee. Heard Arfield mentioned more than once. I don't really remember him playing against us, but has a decent amount of experience for somebody of 24.

Sorry there should have been a question mark next to his name... I had heard we we're keeping in close contact with Worralls agent as bury had some sort of deadline they had to pay him by... could have expired and hes free to walk?

Sorry there should have been a question mark next to his name... I had heard we we're keeping in close contact with Worralls agent as bury had some sort of deadline they had to pay him by... could have expired and hes free to walk?

Yeah I've heard similar. Presume if they don't pay their wages, players would be free to walk. But I think the club (despite recent controversies) still has a good relationship with Bury that they'd look to maintain. I'd be surprised if that was compromised by taking a player for free when they really need the cash. But then if we didn't, somebody else would I suppose.

Yeah I've heard similar. Presume if they don't pay their wages, players would be free to walk. But I think the club (despite recent controversies) still has a good relationship with Bury that they'd look to maintain. I'd be surprised if that was compromised by taking a player for free when they really need the cash. But then if we didn't, somebody else would I suppose.

If we have the opportunity to take a player who would otherwise cost a couple of hundred thousand pounds on a free, sod the good relationship with Bury. He'd only go elsewhere for free anyway.

FWIW, Just txt a mate of mine (about arfield) who has a hudds ST and the reply was "complete gash mate, about 2 good ganes in 3 years hope for your sakes you dont sign him, heard he was on his way back to SPL anyway..."

FWIW, Just txt a mate of mine (about arfield) who has a hudds ST and the reply was "complete gash mate, about 2 good ganes in 3 years hope for your sakes you dont sign him, heard he was on his way back to SPL anyway..."

I spoke to a mate who is a hudds st holder who rated him and said he wasn't really given a fair crack in the last 18 months, funny how people see things differently.

After Schumacher gave us the fingers at Bradford a few seasons ago as we chanted "oldham reject" as he trudged off with a broken nose I would be doubtful he would want to return

Did you also know he had a t-shirt under his jersey saying something about Latics, alas he never scored though so who knows what it said.

Didn't we pull something similar with Stephens? Remember their fans being pissed off. Did we avoid a comp payment somehow?

To be fair to Udders fans, they're usually on the money when they tell us we've been stitched up with one of their cast offs. We should just avoid any dealings with them.

Edited by longtimeblue

Didn't we pull something similar with Stephens? Remember their fans being pissed off. Did we avoid a comp payment somehow?

Nah, we paid compensation for Stephens - they got a cut of his transfer fee when he went to Charlton and would get a slice of the sell-on we receive if he moves on again.

Edit: http://www.mancheste...-settled-968717

Edited by Stevie_J

Nah, we paid compensation for Stephens - they got a cut of his transfer fee when he went to Charlton and would get a slice of the sell-on we receive if he moves on again.

Edit: http://www.mancheste...-settled-968717

Fair enough. Must've just been the disappointment of losing him, thiught they felt they'd been shafted.

Not that dissimilar in the sense there's a player who's entitled to leave but who they want to keep. Honestly don't know a lot about Worral but it's a dog eat dog world.

As long as they don't cancel the Bury for a fiver deal! Not worth renewaing if that goes.

Ryan Lowe posted a picture on twitter the other day with LJ with the caption "me and Oldhams main man" could be a sign currently at MK Dons doesent really get a sniff there, would you take him ?

The picture was with Baxter not LJ.