Another in by Friday

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this 'too old' talk is just tosh

if you're good enough then age is irrelevant.

I'm sure he will still have a decent level of fitness and if we have young lads around him doing the running, get JC in the box as that's where it counts.

Giggs is 40, Eyresie and Shez were 42 and 35 when they quit and were still a class above for us even then.

Dayton, Montano, Mellor, Baxter, Croft, C-H, Cureton, Gros, Mvoto - Assuming these stay and/or do sign then that's a functioning and dynamic base.

Don't you just love rumours.........................

Really? I could understand you questioning his judgement if he called a 37 year old player a "talented youngster", but in terms of footballing ability, I'll leave that to him!

Yes because anyone that says Ryan Giggs is a really good player must be barking mad he is 39 you know.

I went to Exeter 2 years ago when they beat us 2-0 and cureton ripped us to peices

He was the difference in that game, although our lads were on their hols and Taylor was our oldest player at 24.

Looking at his stats over the last three years is all well and good, but I'd say the biggest thing about those stats is how he did at Orient, which was pretty badly. The reason he has done well is that he's played under Paul Tisdale who, while he has his faults, can certainly get the most out of players at the end of their careers. I strongly doubt that Cureton would have the same effect on our team.

As NewBlue said, I strongly doubt that he'll move North. Hell I'd be surprised if he moves north of Bristol!

Smith would be a real capture, especially alongside a fit and on-form Wesolowski.

I'm sure Johnson will already know if he's an option, but I hope he is.

I'd be looking to replace Wesolowski. He's not a poor player or particularly bad last season I just think if we're going to progress we have to replace these average players with good players. He's a 'gets stuck in and works hard' sort of footballer but we should aim to have someone who can do that element of the game and more. If Mellor improves again over the summer and keeps his form from the end of last season I'd like to see him get in the side.

He was the difference in that game, although our lads were on their hols and Taylor was our oldest player at 24.

Looking at his stats over the last three years is all well and good, but I'd say the biggest thing about those stats is how he did at Orient, which was pretty badly. The reason he has done well is that he's played under Paul Tisdale who, while he has his faults, can certainly get the most out of players at the end of their careers. I strongly doubt that Cureton would have the same effect on our team.

As NewBlue said, I strongly doubt that he'll move North. Hell I'd be surprised if he moves north of Bristol!

Like say I cant see Cureton moving up North, big chance its Smith by looks of his release. Having seen Brentford quite a few times on tv how much has Adeyemi improved!!

I'd be looking to replace Wesolowski. He's not a poor player or particularly bad last season I just think if we're going to progress we have to replace these average players with good players. He's a 'gets stuck in and works hard' sort of footballer but we should aim to have someone who can do that element of the game and more. If Mellor improves again over the summer and keeps his form from the end of last season I'd like to see him get in the side.

there's an argument in there, especially after a poor second half to the season. but if we're going to get rid of Wes because of a bad run we'll be worse off.

he's been here for 2 years, knows the club and has a bit of experience. we know he can be a consistent player, and with a decent pre-season he could be. these are also reasons to maybe give the captaincy to Wes, force him to lead by example like Furman did before he jumped ship.

there's an argument in there, especially after a poor second half to the season. but if we're going to get rid of Wes because of a bad run we'll be worse off.

he's been here for 2 years, knows the club and has a bit of experience. we know he can be a consistent player, and with a decent pre-season he could be. these are also reasons to maybe give the captaincy to Wes, force him to lead by example like Furman did before he jumped ship.

My issue is he's made of biscuits i'd go with Mellor and AN Other next season….could easily be another Stephens if faith is shown in him and he gets regular starts and left footed CM are like gold dust….

If he pops round, I'll give him a lift. Be worth the petrol money to get a season out of him.

Is Wesolowski ever on form and fit...

Mmm good shout that. I'm a little bit worried that he "had" to have his shoulder done again without him noticeably popping it out.

Then again Theo Walcott had the same op twice too and he hasn't done so bad.