Paul Dickov gets Doncaster job

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRRR! Baxter, croft, JYM, Smith, Tarky, Grounds, Weslo and Montano could all be on his radar!!! LJ get them tied up!!!

I wouldn't be too arsed if he took Tarky, Wes or Montano. Nor Smith, for that matter. And Baxter will be sold as soon as anyone makes a reasonable offer, in any case.

Can't see it, why would he want to sign upwards of 8 players from a team that finished 19th in the same league Donny won? He'll be after one or two but will be setting his sights higher imo….

you're talking too logically, remember when Penney raided Darlington from the Division below

GRRR! Baxter, croft, JYM, Smith, Tarky, Grounds, Weslo and Montano could all be on his radar!!! LJ get them tied up!!!

croft was overweight and average under dickov, smith didn't get played, wes and montano have hardly set the world on fire, grounds does a job but they could probably find a better left back than him, similar with tarky. The only players I can see him coming in for are jose baxter and big jean

I can't see Croft or Smith wanting to play for Dickov. Baxter's buy out clause will be common knowledge around L1 and the Championship as any agent worth their salt would have been banding it around.

Best of luck to him. Decent bloke who genuinely cared but unfortunately couldn't back it up with a wanted consistency.

He'll still have Flynn knocking about the place to learn from as well, which will be a big help.

Smacks of jobs for the boys though.

Best of luck to him. Decent bloke who genuinely cared but unfortunately couldn't back it up with a wanted consistency.

He'll still have Flynn knocking about the place to learn from as well, which will be a big help.

Smacks of jobs for the boys though.

Said it loads of times when he was here, Dickov's a top notch bloke but a dreadful manager. I hope he proves me wrong at Donny but I'd be very surprised.

He actually had a go at Big Jean at half time at the Everton game live on TV, saying he was always liable to drop a bollock. I know JYM was furious about this, so I'm not so sure he would want to play for him!

you've got to think that Donny may struggle again in the championship (they usually do). Could the fact that they may well be in a relegation battle next year and may end up back in league one put baxter off, or am I clutching at straws?

He actually had a go at Big Jean at half time at the Everton game live on TV, saying he was always liable to drop a bollock. I know JYM was furious about this, so I'm not so sure he would want to play for him!

He was right, though.

I think a lot lies on who he brings in as assistant

I thought Flynn might fill that role, but it appears he's moving into a Director of Football job. Why the :censored: does any club, particularly at that level, require a Director of Football?

I thought Flynn might fill that role, but it appears he's moving into a Director of Football job. Why the :censored: does any club, particularly at that level, require a Director of Football?

I think a director of football is necessary for any club that will hire Paul Dickov as their manager..