Official - Smith leaves.

Wish him all the very best at his new club (Blackburn is it not?). Whilst I suspect Championship level may be a bit too much for him I hope he proves me wrong and won't blame him for a second for moving on to try and better himself.

At least he hasn't hung around and strung the club along.

Good to see Blackburn lowering their sights by signing Smith and Taylor.They'll never see the likes of Shearer again.

God bless the chicken killers.

Good luck Matt. Crap for 18 months out of 24, but a nice spurt in the cup and at the end has paid us back nicely.

He kept us up. He scored one of the greatest goals any of us will ever see. We can pay him only peanuts, whereas he can get legal tender somewhere else. Good luck to the fella, and thanks for the memories.

I reckon he'll be a staple in the championship. No one could've even dreamed that this time last year.

Thanks and good luck to him. Also, well done on proving many doubters including myself wrong. I back any player who pulls on the blue shirt but when he missed that "My granny would have scored that and she's been dead 20 years" chance at the Rocky Road End midway through the season I did think he wasn't going to make the grade.

The positive is that we can now use that chunk of budget elsewhere, I get the impression he wouldn't have been LJs 'plan A' anyway - high tempo pressing game needs someone with quick feet and not the turning circle of the QE2 - good luck Matt once you got your :censored: together you were a real asset.

Thanks for the vital and money spinning goals, hope you kick on in the Championship....

Edited by oafcprozac