Stephen Vaughan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can all stop worrying.

the pitch is doing well!

OldhamAthleticAFC@OfficialOAFC21m

Clear skies over Latics. The pitch is coming along nicely #oafc http://fb.me/26WS5F2iC

The 'Clear skies over Latics' being a parody of the Chron's 'Storm clouds over Latics' headline. Battle lines being drawn.

Granted, but the ban includes him not being able to run the club from behind the scenes. Does the head of the purchasing consortium sound like he wont want to influence the decision making?

Surely though he runs or has a significant hand in Vaughan Boxing anyway.

Granted, but the ban includes him not being able to run the club from behind the scenes. Does the head of the purchasing consortium sound like he wont want to influence the decision making?

This is what we need to alert the authorities on. This is the angle we need.

Secondly even if this potential takeover doesn't happen. Corney has been talking to these clowns "for months". He needs to go. We can't have him at the helm. Action needs to be taken.

You can all stop worrying.

the pitch is doing well!

OldhamAthleticAFC@OfficialOAFC21m

Clear skies over Latics. The pitch is coming along nicely #oafc http://fb.me/26WS5F2iC

Surely this should have been done as Breaking News of a major announcement today and then fully revealed tomorrow, the club has no idea at times.

Am I being a touch cynical to think that this story will run for a while before a 'no deal' answer is given, and once again messrs Corney, Blitz and Gazal will be hailed as heroes??

Or, are we really going to get a man who:

Failed at Barrow and took Chester City to liquidation.

Is banned from being a company director until 2020 due to involvement in a £500,000 VAT fraud.

Was the first person to fail the FAs 'fit and proper person' test.

Was jailed for 15 months for breaking a policeman's cheekbone.

Vaughan even makes Chris Moore - nearly bankrupted Latics and has admitted to fraud while at Torex - look half respectable!!

I think the clubs silence on the matter his deafening. I mean coming out in the local paper it really looks like he his strong arming corney into breaking his silence and also selling the club in the immediate future. Would'nt surprise me if he puts an offer in this week.

Are you for real????? How many companies go bankrupt in the UK everyday and they are open under their wifes name the next.....

Do some research on our great sponsor Zen Office....Les has been shut down about 15 times

What if the investors holding the other 70% and running the club day to day had the right kind of credentials?

Personally I don't think the owner/s should be even entertaining the idea of taking this guys dirty money, however given what BB80 and a few other posters are hinting at, we may already have done so.

Are you for real????? How many companies go bankrupt in the UK everyday and they are open under their wifes name the next.....

Do some research on our great sponsor Zen Office....Les has been shut down about 15 times

Les Kerr, who is related to a mate of mine, is NOT on the banned list of company directors, unlike Stephen Vaughan. It is being on the banned list of company directors that prevents Stephen Vaughan from taking a role in running any business. I'm fairly certain Stephen Vaughan did not get put on the banned list of company directors for being in charge of companies that went bust, he was allegedly involved in a VAT scam and was put on the list for that reason.

Les Kerr, who is related to a mate of mine, is NOT on the banned list of company directors, unlike Stephen Vaughan. It is being on the banned list of company directors that prevents Stephen Vaughan from taking a role in running any business. I'm fairly certain Stephen Vaughan did not get put on the banned list of company directors for being in charge of companies that went bust, he was allegedly involved in a VAT scam and was put on the list for that reason.

I never said he was banned, im just saying that he has liquidated a fair few business's!!

Just pissed off with everyone saying this wont happen, the fa wont let it and that he is banned!!

Would he be wasting his time if he couldnt get this over the line???

Would SC waste his time if he couldnt get this over the line???

Yes this guy is a total crook but so is SC...He will sell the club but keep the land and the ground and rent it all back

When we met LJ, SC promised he wouldnt leave until stand is finished....he is a lying scum bag and the quicker people realise he doesnt give a toss about this club the better, he came in for the land and it went badly wrong but every penny he and the other 2 have put in is on a directors loan.

The club has been up for sale for 5 years and from my sources no one has come close.........this guy will get it.....Or there is 1 alternative......

WE BUY IT

I never said he was banned, im just saying that he has liquidated a fair few business's!!

No you never said he was banned but you responded to JLF's post about SV being banned from being involved in a company by bringing up Les Kerr's name.

I'm not sure the point you are trying to make being involved in running a business which goes under and being disqualified from being a company are two different things and I would suggest you do some research to stop you from confusing the two.

Just pissed off with everyone saying this wont happen, the fa wont let it and that he is banned!!

I'm not relying on the FA to stop it. The FA can only stop it if SV owns 30% of the club. SV knows this and has already worked his way around that loophole.

The loophole's for being involved in any company (be it football club or not) when you are disqualified from doing so are not as easy to get around. If the requisite government department (who I think is the insolvency service) stop him then it doesn't matter what the FA do. This is the point both myself and JLF have been trying to make to you, which you seem to be arguing yourself in circles over.

Would he be wasting his time if he couldnt get this over the line???

Would SC waste his time if he couldnt get this over the line???

Yes this guy is a total crook but so is SC...He will sell the club but keep the land and the ground and rent it all back

When we met LJ, SC promised he wouldnt leave until stand is finished....he is a lying scum bag and the quicker people realise he doesnt give a toss about this club the better, he came in for the land and it went badly wrong but every penny he and the other 2 have put in is on a directors loan.

The club has been up for sale for 5 years and from my sources no one has come close.........this guy will get it.....Or there is 1 alternative......

WE BUY IT

SC hasn't gone anywhere yet so calling him "a lying scum bag" is ridiculous. Also someone who has invested the last 10 years of their life into a largely loss making organisation can hardly be accused of only interested in the money. If it was purely about the land he would have shut us down and bailed out years ago!!

And exactly how much money are you contributing to "us" buying the club?

Calm down will you!!!

Breaking the law and getting away with it are two different things. I was only commenting on the former but by reporting him, the latter maybe less likely to happen. One thing about Vaughan is that he gets caught, which implies he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

Edited by jimsleftfoot