Stephen Vaughan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pissed off with everyone saying this wont happen, the fa wont let it and that he is banned!!

Would he be wasting his time if he couldnt get this over the line???

Would SC waste his time if he couldnt get this over the line???

Yes this guy is a total crook but so is SC...He will sell the club but keep the land and the ground and rent it all back

When we met LJ, SC promised he wouldnt leave until stand is finished....he is a lying scum bag and the quicker people realise he doesnt give a toss about this club the better, he came in for the land and it went badly wrong but every penny he and the other 2 have put in is on a directors loan.

The club has been up for sale for 5 years and from my sources no one has come close.........this guy will get it.....Or there is 1 alternative......

WE BUY IT

I am gutted about SC gtting involved, but it is jumping the gun to assume.

What evidence have you got for SC being a "total crook"?

As for the directors loans, it is not all bad as you think, there are much worse ways that other clubs have managed the debt.

It would be pointless them calling the debt in now, there is no where near the value in it,

Also it is wrong that every penny put in has been converted to Directors loans.

Just pissed off with everyone saying this wont happen, the fa wont let it and that he is banned!!

Yes this guy is a total crook but so is SC...He will sell the club but keep the land and the ground and rent it all back

When we met LJ, SC promised he wouldnt leave until stand is finished....he is a lying scum bag and the quicker people realise he doesnt give a toss about this club the better, he came in for the land and it went badly wrong but every penny he and the other 2 have put in is on a directors loan.

The club has been up for sale for 5 years and from my sources no one has come close.........this guy will get it.....Or there is 1 alternative......

WE BUY IT

Go and get a brew, get some sun and simmer the down will ya.

WE BUY IT

can we buy it on the Zebra finance scheme,ideally over 10 months xx

That sounds to me like Barry Owen speak. And practically what he put on here last night. Let's not forget, Chris Moore told Carl Marsden at the Advertiser that he was going nowhere and looking forward to the new season just 3 days before doing what he did. Literally anything could happen.

That sounds to me like Barry Owen speak. And practically what he put on here last night. Let's not forget, Chris Moore told Carl Marsden at the Advertiser that he was going nowhere and looking forward to the new season just 3 days before doing what he did. Literally anything could happen.

I agree with the last four words. We might go out of business, we might not, we might get bought out by a shale gas billionaire or the next Vaughan/Moore. We might stay in League 1 for a few more decades!!!

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I agree with the last four words. We might go out of business, we might not, we might get bought out by a shale gas billionaire or the next Vaughan/Moore. We might stay in League 1 for a few more decades!!!

Sometimes you have to look beyond the words that are written and not take them too literally.

On the back page of tonights edition SC tells us how it is regarding the salary cap relating to the playing budget as a % of turnover and how clubs like Swindon were penalised last season with transfer embargos for breaking those restrictions. This in the same edition and by the same reporter who quotes SV as saying that the playing budget will be a "challenging one."

Excuse me for being slow here, but how does that work? How would the (any) new consortium bring in additional revenue to up the amount to be allocated to the playing budget?

I think I'm right in thinking that any money put in as (Directors) loans cannot be taken into account under the league rules. So the only way to increase the budget to comply with the league rules is to either (A) increase income from attendances or (B) generate more from commercial activities.

It would have been good if the resident reporter from the Chron could have asked SV the relevant question rather than sensationalising.

SC has a plan to increase revenue and he has already announced it. His plan is building the new stand and the additional income from the various additional facilities being built into it. What are SV's plans?

Over to you Mr Chambers.

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

I'm just gobsmacked that there are other parties interested in buying the club. Apart from the new stand, which doesn't automatically guarantee an immediate return on investment, we are still a football club where income is less than the expenditure required to compete even at this level.

Granted Corney remains here and he didn't fall into the first category when he arrived here but either a true fan or a raving lunatic with money would want to buy at club at this level.

I'm just gobsmacked that there are other parties interested in buying the club. Apart from the new stand, which doesn't automatically guarantee an immediate return on investment, we are still a football club where income is less than the expenditure required to compete even at this level.

Granted Corney remains here and he didn't fall into the first category when he arrived here but either a true fan or a raving lunatic with money would want to buy at club at this level.

......... and this is the bit the Corney out brigade don't get: what's the alternative?? Who in their right mind would invest in a L1 club??

Well, the last day or so has highlighted what an alternative might look like.

Id say the land was a lot to the with the purchase.

......... and this is the bit the Corney out brigade don't get: what's the alternative?? Who in their right mind would invest in a L1 club??

Well, the last day or so has highlighted what an alternative might look like.

If Bury can get a decent alternative, there's someone out there for everyone.

What, in peoples opinions, has Vaughan been getting out of running Chester and Barrow into the ground?

Or has it just been poor running of the clubs in question?

Just :censored: like...

According to an undertaking Vaughan signed with the Insolvency Service, he committed the VAT fraud while a director of Widnes Vikings rugby league club, which was then in administration, in October 2007. It stated that he "caused" Widnes to buy clothes from a UK company in three transactions worth £2.9m, plus VAT of £505,265.

Payment for the clothes was not made to "the alleged supplier", but to an account at the First Curaçao International Bank, based in the Netherlands Antilles. The clothes were sold on the same day to a company based in Spain; overseas buyers do not have to pay VAT, and Vaughan tried to reclaim the £505,265 for the club from HM Revenue and Customs.

HMRC refused to pay, and proceedings were begun against Vaughan which led to him admitting the transactions were a "carousel" in which the VAT was fraudulently claimed from HMRC.

According to an undertaking Vaughan signed with the Insolvency Service, he committed the VAT fraud while a director of Widnes Vikings rugby league club, which was then in administration, in October 2007. It stated that he "caused" Widnes to buy clothes from a UK company in three transactions worth £2.9m, plus VAT of £505,265.

Payment for the clothes was not made to "the alleged supplier", but to an account at the First Curaçao International Bank, based in the Netherlands Antilles. The clothes were sold on the same day to a company based in Spain; overseas buyers do not have to pay VAT, and Vaughan tried to reclaim the £505,265 for the club from HM Revenue and Customs.

HMRC refused to pay, and proceedings were begun against Vaughan which led to him admitting the transactions were a "carousel" in which the VAT was fraudulently claimed from HMRC.

I do wonder how much of that sort of activity he had actually got away with?

Even though literally nothing ever does?

If Bury can get a decent alternative, there's someone out there for everyone.

If I was a Bury fan I certainly wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet.

Their new owner is a 31 year old property developer who made his money in student housing. Sounds very much like a slum landlord to me. Not exactly a profession associated with high morals. I can see that being a bit of a back-door property deal, which sounds familiar.

He's better than Vaughan, but that's not exactly a high bar.

Having said that football is a business area that is quite rife with dodgy people with questionable backgrounds. From elite European teams to Blue Square regional ones.

I'm just gobsmacked that there are other parties interested in buying the club.

Profile from cup run, Baxter under contract, Micah Richards (yeah I know), new stand looks like happening, no debt, on an even-ish keel and two promotions away from £120 million Premiership money.

Worth a spare £5m of anyone's money, surely?

Sometimes you have to look beyond the words that are written and not take them too literally.

On the back page of tonights edition SC tells us how it is regarding the salary cap relating to the playing budget as a % of turnover and how clubs like Swindon were penalised last season with transfer embargos for breaking those restrictions. This in the same edition and by the same reporter who quotes SV as saying that the playing budget will be a "challenging one."

Excuse me for being slow here, but how does that work? How would the (any) new consortium bring in additional revenue to up the amount to be allocated to the playing budget?

I think I'm right in thinking that any money put in as (Directors) loans cannot be taken into account under the league rules. So the only way to increase the budget to comply with the league rules is to either (A) increase income from attendances or ( B) generate more from commercial activities.

It would have been good if the resident reporter from the Chron could have asked SV the relevant question rather than sensationalising.

SC has a plan to increase revenue and he has already announced it. His plan is building the new stand and the additional income from the various additional facilities being built into it. What are SV's plans?

Over to you Mr Chambers Stephen Vaughan

FIFY Other than that, as per, I agree with practically every other word.

But, and it is a big but, The devil in this tale is not Matt Chambers.

Also, SC has a case to answer regarding "months" of dealing with this bloke.

I would hope after months of talks, SC know more about Vaughan's plans than someone who heard [like the rest of us] about the story a few hours earlier.

Over to SC I'd say. Still no statement from the owner.

I am a supporter of SC, I think he has done a good job in difficult circumstances and we are lucky he is here at all.

For all we know the 'months' of negotiations could have been a phonecall from SV to SC every couple of weeks along the lines of "so then simon, have u decided to sell to me yet....what do you mean no fack off. Don't know you, don't want to know you..."

I hope it more this this. Edited by singe

I'm no business expert but I'm assuming (hoping) the lack of comment re Vaughan may be related to these other interested parties. If there are others who are genuinely interested in buying the club then it's in SC's best interest to keep his cards close to his chest. If he comes out and says "I'd never have this two-bit, money-laundering, tax-defrauding, drug-dealer-associating, incompetent scouse bellend anywhere near this club" then it gives a negotiating advantage to anyone else who thinks they're "competing" with Vaughan & co.

*the above description is mostly allegedly obviously. Apart from the bellend bit, that seems a safe bet.