Stephen Vaughan

Now is the time for an official article on the OS........

Well yes. After all "we are trying to create a positive atmosphere".

Speculation that somebody like this is attempting to takeover is hardly positive is it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC will go down massively in my estimation if this is true.

I would not be suprised if he were in negitiations with someone, and that is fair enough, but this bloke that is something else.

Me too, If it happens I will asking for my season ticket money back.

Edited by BP1960

There are rumours of Vaughan or those close to him making loans to the club earlier this year.

I'm worried this could mean Sammy Lee resurfacing too, as he's Vaughan's Son In Law….

That's quite disturbing news, I must admit I didn't hear that rumour.

There are rumours of Vaughan or those close to him making loans to the club earlier this year.

I'm worried this could mean Sammy Lee resurfacing too, as he's Vaughan's Son In Law….

Sammy Lee is Stephen Vaughan Senior's brother in law

It's not impossible that LJ has always meant to be the number 2 (just that he ended up babysitting us in the meantime) for Sammy Lee to come in as number 1. Stranger things have happened...most notably since the 5-year plan evaporated...

The answer as to why the forthcoming amazing season ticket deal disappeared, never to be spoken about again might be about to show itself. That for me was a major red flag in the rumours I'd been hearing about Vaughan and co.

Oldham Athletic: Stephen Vaughan consortium eyes takeover

A consortium fronted by former Chester City owner Stephen Vaughan are looking to take over Oldham Athletic, BBC Radio Manchester understands.

Vaughan took over at Chester in 2001 but the club were expelled from the Conference and then wound up in March 2010 for overdue tax.

Chairman Simon Corney is Oldham's major shareholder, having saved the club in 2004 with Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.

The Latics finished 19th in League One last season under manager Lee Johnson.

Alan Keeling, a spokesman for the consortium, revealed to BBC Radio Manchester that negotiations have been ongoing for a number of months but admitted there "are some stumbling blocks that people should know about".

Vaughan runs a Merseyside boxing promotions company called Stephen Vaughan Boxing Promotions and also had a spell as Barrow chairman in the mid-1990s.

Following the liquidation of Chester City under Vaughan, where he became the first person to fail the FA's 'fit and proper person test', Chester FC was formed by a group of supporters and the club have just won promotion to the Conference Premier.

Hi Chester fan here in peace, I would rather have the devil run our club over SV, This man is utter utter trouble for your club, see below ....."PROMINENT Chester businessman Stephen Vaughan has signed an undertaking banning him from acting as a company director until the year 2020."

The owner of Chester City Football Club brought to an end two years of legal battles with the Insolvency Service’s Public Interest Unit by accepting an 11-year ban under a disqualification undertaking after they uncovered an alleged VAT fraud during his time in charge of Widnes Vikings rugby league club.

The deal means Mr Vaughan who, according to Companies House, terminated his role as a director of Chester City Football Club 2004 Ltd in April this year, may no longer act as either an active or inactive director, or exercise control over an individual who is a director, of any company.

Ade Daramy of the Insolvency Service said: “If you are subject to this undertaking then you are banned from being in the shadows or someone acting as your proxy.

“It’s a complete ban from being a director of a limited company and any of those roles or duties.”

The investigation began after the Vikings entered into administration in October 2007 with liabilities of more than £1.6million.

According to the Insolvency Service the undertaking, which was signed on Tuesday, contained details of alleged carousel fraud carried out by Mr Vaughan, designed to prop up the finances of the club which was technically insolvent at the time.

Mr Vaughan arranged for the club to purchase clothing from a UK company in three transactions worth a total of £2,877,228 plus VAT of £505,265.

On the same day the clothing was sold to a Spanish company for £3,002,855. The three transactions took place in June 2006.

The transactions appeared to be part of a linked series of purchases between the UK and Europe.

The service says he then attempted to reclaim VAT for the club. However Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs refused the repayment of the club’s claim.

A statement from the Insolvency Service says Mr Vaughan caused these transactions to take place when he knew the club was insolvent and payment for the goods was not made to the alleged supplier, but was instead made into a third party’s bank account at the First Curacao International Bank, based in the Dutch Antilles.

The bank has been closed down by banking authorities after it was discovered that it provided banking facilities to a significant number of companies involved in carousel fraud.

Mr Vaughan failed to inform the other directors of the club of these transactions and also failed to disclose to other directors a loan of £392,000 made to the club in August 2006.

The disqualification takes effect on November 25. If he controls a company in any way before November 24, 2020, he may be prosecuted.

the rumour has raised its head again according to Radio Manchester on Twitter

stephenvaugan.png

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was black-listed by the FA

the rumour has raised its head again according to Radio Manchester on Twitter

stephenvaugan.png

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was black-listed by the FA

He was. That's why his lawyer was pulling his strings for him at County.