Sidney Schmeltz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking through the video.

Undoubted skill and pace. Erratic finishing. Poor/Purposeless distribution.

And lets hope we never see anything like the challenge @3.50

If Johnson can get the best out of him and improve this guy's shooting and passing then we have a really good player.

reminds me of the old chris Taylor,

It's no surprise to me that some people are willing to write-off a player whom they have never seen actually play, on the basis of a YouTube video *all hail YouTube!*. How the hell is a ten minute clip supposed to encapsulate everything about a player? and the second, longer video, does suggest a hint of improvement, plus, he looks as though he has stamina and power to go along with tricky-dicky skills, the likes of which have been missed at BP since the days of Ricky Holden.

The fact that he has moved around a lot says nothing..he is young and it is not unusual (homage to Tom Jones). Young players at Latics' level just cannot win can they? If they stay put, it's because no other club is interested..if they move around, it's because they are crap or trouble makers.

Is nobody going to give Lee Johnson any credit for this signing of what looks to be a potentially good player at League One level??

Well done, Mr. Johnson and welcome to BP Mr. Schmeltz.

He likes to cross, can make the space to cross, has a few tricks, is fairly quick and, a big and, he wasn't signed by Dickov but by Lee Johnson who I trust. We need a team! Two players for each position. This is a great signing. A winger who also has an eye for goal. There is no doubt that with Lee Johnson, who I trust, he will be fit - they will all be fitter than last year. Our bread and butter will be picking up players and improving them.

The fact that he has moved around a lot says nothing..he is young and it is not unusual (homage to Tom Jones). Young players at Latics' level just cannot win can they? If they stay put, it's because no other club is interested..if they move around, it's because they are crap or trouble makers.

Exactly, Tony Carss had a load of clubs (more than Sir Sidney) before coming to us. I remember people saying the same thing about him.

Edited by pukka

Well, looking at YouTube and watching the videos*, I'd say he looks ready for bottom level Leageu One already, and with development and fulfillment on potential, he could turn into a bit of a gem.

He looks to have the raw attributes a player needs really - pace, good physique and a hunger to want the ball. If he can come in, settle (which is important) and kick on with his development - he could be a bit of a star.

Plus - and this just cannot be overlooked, he has an amazing name!

.* I know, I know, YouTube videos are really not the best scouting tool; but you use what you can eh?

Looks quick, direct can go left or right foot certainly has a trick to back defenders into the area and go past a player

End product looks poor but if he had it all he wouldn't be here, looks exciting and will get you off your seat

Hard to tell from a YouTube video but looks like could be a good player

I hope this is a 2year deal

Sounds similar to Jemaine Johnson, is that good or bad ?