Sidney Schmeltz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asked our resident Dutch fan Duncan (though he's not been on here in a while) about our Sydney. He replied niether his Dad or him had ever heard of Sydney. Duncan looked and confirmed played out his career in dutch league two mainly.

If Wayne Bridge had signed for us instead of Reading, and we re-signed a former favourite (!) defender, we could've had a lineup include Sidney Arber Bridge.

Or we could sign strikers Lloyd Opara (ex-Colchester) and Rob Hulse and play a front three of Sidney Opara Hulse.

Edited by Crusoe

Is nobody going to give Lee Johnson any credit for this signing of what looks to be a potentially good player at League One level??

Well done, Mr. Johnson and welcome to BP Mr. Schmeltz.

Why give him credit for the signing? We've not seen him play as you pointed out. Could prove to be a star or a duff but praising him for the signing is as illogical as writing the player off.

Why give him credit for the signing? We've not seen him play as you pointed out. Could prove to be a star or a duff but praising him for the signing is as illogical as writing the player off.

Spot on.

Nobody has ever heard of him, we've no idea if he is any good or not, just like we don't with Clarke-Harris and, to a lesser extent maybe, Dayton.

Seemed to have stirred it up with my earlier post. LJ might have unearthed a gem or a good backup, time will tell. It just seems strange to pick up an obscure Dutch second tier player when there are so many known and experienced English players out of contract.

Why give him credit?

Because it makes a change from the usual 'slapping down' of a player before we have even seen him play..that's why..and I'm giving him credit, not praise.

Sydney seems equally at ease on the right or left flank, I expect James Dayton though to play on the left flank if he can score goals like after 3 mins 15 secs into this video. The days of exciting wingers aka Holden and Adams could be returning.

James Dayton video;

The full version please: "Ole Ole Ole, Ole Ole Ole Sidney Schmeltz Schmeltz Schmeltz..." (waves hands in air conga style...).

Oh Sidney Sidney, Sidney Sidney Sidney Sidney Sidney Schmeltz...

"Pass to the Dutchie on the right hand side..."

That wins for me....

Why give him credit?

Because it makes a change from the usual 'slapping down' of a player before we have even seen him play..that's why..and I'm giving him credit, not praise.

Alright... Each to their own. I'm not slapping him down or giving him credit. I'll make an informed decision on the signing come August, hpefully Johnson gets credit then.

I'll give his parents credit for naming the lad though

not to slag the lad off but had a quick look on twitter and apparently when asked a few months ago about his thought on his former club going bankrupt, he replied 'I am happy'

@sidneyschmeltz hasn't tweeted since 2011

has he got another account?

Edited by HarryBosch

@sydneyschmeltz hasn't tweeted since 2011

has he got another account?

Think he is referring to this tweet

FootballRTweets@FootballRTweets4 Apr

“Sidney Schmeltz is happy his club Veendam has been declared bankrupt. 'Veendam is dying, ik ben happy': Disgusting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJHiE9uR1Ag

Edited by razza699

not to slag the lad off but had a quick look on twitter and apparently when asked a few months ago about his thought on his former club going bankrupt, he replied 'I am happy'

Apparently he hadn't been paid for a while. Not as bad as some of Connor Browns tweets....

Apparently he hadn't been paid for a while. Not as bad as some of Connor Browns tweets....

Probably more chance of understanding Schmeltzs tweets in dutch than we have understanding Belizika, Montano and Clarke Harris

#YaGetMeFam