Team as it stands

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or is Mellor looking trimmer in his website pic? Bodes well,..

Yep, noticed that. Looks like he is following the training schedule to the letter; I'd be amazed to see him look like the teletubby he did this time last year with LJ looking at his whole lifestyle as he has & is doing. Good to see

Yep, noticed that. Looks like he is following the training schedule to the letter; I'd be amazed to see him look like the teletubby he did this time last year with LJ looking at his whole lifestyle as he has & is doing. Good to see

Sorry love I can't feed and change the baby (who I believe is called Harry) as I've got to go for a run, gaffer's orders.

Can we incorporate cheesey video of the players starting side on to camera, then turning 90 degrees and walking assertively forwards where they stop dead, fold their arms and smile badly?

Without that it's a fail for me.

Best I can do;

946340_588071967892210_392130239_n.jpg

LJ is supposed to want six. I think we could do with a little more than that.

We need 2 GKs

2 CBs

1 LB cover

1 RB

1 RW cover

at least 1 ST

I make that 8. Maybe 7 if the CBs LB and RB are combined to make 3 players

would dayton,millar and korey smith not be able to play rw?

We need 2 GKs

2 CBs

1 LB cover

1 RB

1 RW cover

at least 1 ST

That might be hopeful.

Personally its a couple of strikers that are needed as instead of the RW cover + 1 St

We need 2 GKs

2 CBs

1 LB cover

1 RB

1 RW cover

at least 1 ST

Smith can play RB as well.

I'd say keeper, 2 centre backs, striker are a premium then maybe an elder head as cover for some experience and leadership around the squad

need

2 GK

2 CB

we will likely have Winchester as RB cover for Brown (he did fine towards the end of last season don't think he is too bad a player did nothing horrifically wrong)

Truelove will cover as a LB

Sutherland and Schmeltz RW, LW sorted, CM sorted

up top we need 2 more in my eyes - Baxter, Clarke-Harris, ? and ? (if Millar signs will he REALLY be able to be called upon as a striker?)

so leaves us with:

GK: ? / ? / Simpson

RB: Brown/Winchester

CB: ? / ? / Tarky/Belezika/Cooper (assume Byrne will be gone)

LB: Grounds / Truelove

RM: Schmeltz / Sutherland

CM: Wes / Smith

CM: Mellor / Gossett

LM: Montano / Dayton

ST: Baxter / Clarke-Harris

ST: ? ?

Hope we can sign Matt Green from Mansfield think he would bag quite a few in that team

need

2 GK

2 CB

we will likely have Winchester as RB cover for Brown (he did fine towards the end of last season don't think he is too bad a player did nothing horrifically wrong)

Truelove will cover as a LB

Sutherland and Schmeltz RW, LW sorted, CM sorted

up top we need 2 more in my eyes - Baxter, Clarke-Harris, ? and ? (if Millar signs will he REALLY be able to be called upon as a striker?)

so leaves us with:

GK: ? / ? / Simpson

RB: Brown/Winchester

CB: ? / ? / Tarky/Belezika/Cooper (assume Byrne will be gone)

LB: Grounds / Truelove

RM: Schmeltz / Sutherland

CM: Wes / Smith

CM: Mellor / Gossett

LM: Montano / Dayton

ST: Baxter / Clarke-Harris

ST: ? ?

Hope we can sign Matt Green from Mansfield think he would bag quite a few in that team

I hope you mean bag a few goals....................

I think there's a lot to be said for looking to assemble a young squad, packed full of hunger, energy, pace, desire and strong core fitness.

But i also think you need to supplement that with 1 or 2 older, more experienced heads. Currently we've Cliffe Byrne; then a big drop down to Wes, then Grounds.

For me, a 28-32 year old CB is needed. Hundreds of games under his belt, but not an 'over the hill' sort. Heard Matt Taylor being mentioned on here, and his 'type' is exactly what we need to bring in next. Experience to compliment the youthful zest.

But - well happy with the signings so far; so massively in the "in LDJ we trust" camp.

I think there's a lot to be said for looking to assemble a young squad, packed full of hunger, energy, pace, desire and strong core fitness.

But i also think you need to supplement that with 1 or 2 older, more experienced heads. Currently we've Cliffe Byrne; then a big drop down to Wes, then Grounds.

For me, a 28-32 year old CB is needed. Hundreds of games under his belt, but not an 'over the hill' sort. Heard Matt Taylor being mentioned on here, and his 'type' is exactly what we need to bring in next. Experience to compliment the youthful zest.

But - well happy with the signings so far; so massively in the "in LDJ we trust" camp.

experienced keeper too

We need to wait 45 more days and back the team who I am confident will be the fittest in years. A massive season for Mellor and Winchester, Millar. Byrne will be gone sadly.

But above all we need a finisher and Baxter to rip up the division.

Two centre halfs one on loan from Premiership and a keeper who gives defence confidence whatever age. The age of squad is very low. Who is the oldest now Wes? (Ignoring Byrne)

Could be Dayton.

• 2 weeks later...