OWTB message board 1982 -1994

Who's coming to Torquay then? Yes I know we're 7-1 up from the first leg but it'll be one of those "I was there" games. And another ground ticked off!

Anybody? ... Hello??

I will be there, I'm wagging off work sick, but its so far away no one will know.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back. Totally embarrassed. Everything to play for in front of a full house and we play like that. I gave up and left at 2-0 down. We might be going up but we'll never win anything and we'll come straight back down again. Might as well just accept the fact we'll never see proper quality players like John Sheridan in an Oldham shirt.

Just got back. Totally embarrassed. Everything to play for in front of a full house and we play like that. I gave up and left at 2-0 down. We might be going up but we'll never win anything and we'll come straight back down again. Might as well just accept the fact we'll never see proper quality players like John Sheridan in an Oldham shirt.

Didnt see the end of the game either, but apparently there were appalling scenes of kids running all over the pitch - I just hope we dont get in trouble with the local authorities and cheap junior season ticket concessions blamed...

What the hell is Royle thinking of, chucking a 17 year old rookie goalkeeper in for a League match? How can the defence have confidence in a kid who's only just started shaving? What's his name? Gorman? Gormley? Probably turn out to be gormless, unless he has a split personality that only turns up on match days. Apparently, his Dad played at Bury. Some record, that.

What the hell is Royle thinking of, chucking a 17 year old rookie goalkeeper in for a League match? How can the defence have confidence in a kid who's only just started shaving? What's his name? Gorman? Gormley? Probably turn out to be gormless, unless he has a split personality that only turns up on match days. Apparently, his Dad played at Bury. Some record, that.

I think Joe inherited this lad from the previous regime and despite not being the biggest he's quite good in the air. I can see him going on to better things, maybe winning International honours.

3 pages 3 jokes ;-)

Some quotes from our present manager Joe Royle;

"If it had gone in, it would have been a goal."

"Of their goals, two came from headers and one was a header."

"Our goalkeeper didn't have a save to make in 90 minutes, and yet he still ended up conceding four goals."

"I don't blame individuals, I blame myself."

"I just wonder what would have happened if the shirt had been on the other foot."

"There are no easy games in this division and this one won't be easy."

"I don't make promises, I promise results."

"We played well for the first 90 minutes."

"I've seen players sent off for worse than that."

"The Italians can blame no one but themselves. They can blame the referee, but they can blame no one but themselves."

"That was clearly a tackle aimed at getting revenge - or maybe it was just out-and-out retribution."

What on earth is going on, selling Tommy Wright smacks of a club with zero ambition.

We've replaced him with some scruff called Rick Holden, at this rate we'll be in Division 4 by the start of the 1991/92 season and I for one will be boycotting the club until the whole board is sacked and Jimmy Frizzell reinstated.

Ive already tossed my membership card into Alexandra Park lake as lets face it, therell be no need to apply for any big games this season, will there??

Edited by AndyGortonsMatches

What on earth is going on, selling Tommy Wright smacks of a club with zero ambition.

We've replaced him with some scruff called Rick Holden, at this rate we'll be in Division 4 by the start of the 1991/92 season and I for one will be boycotting the club until the whole board is sacked and Jimmy Frizzell reinstated.

Ive already tossed my membership card into Alexandra Park lake as lets face it, therell be no need to apply for any big games this season, will there??

So it was you who I read in the Chron was fined for feeding ducks with indigestible material ?

What a finish to the season, becoming champions with that late late penalty by Redfearn. I thought I had tempted fate by having my Queen cassette set up with the 'We Are The Champions" track, but it was great playing it loud while driving out of the BP car park, even though the car was spat on by Wednesday fans.

I'm off to show my arse on the Town Hall steps tonight. Anyone joining me? :grin: