Tarky signs new contract

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Tarky gives us is more longevity and a player who care about the club.

I've said it recently that there is no identity with the players at the club and I would much rather develop home grown talent than keep getting journeymen in on 1 year deals.

I'm glad he has signed in terms of depth to the squad but 2 years worries me that he may be given some sort of assurances that he is 1st choice

He has had time to learn and never seems to. Like razza said at least tarky cares and i do see leadership qualities in him but really needs to step up to the plate now, no more excuses

That's fine when the home grown talent is good enough.

Of course, but Tarky is hardly shocking is he? I don't think he is as good some people make out but he definitely has something to work with, and with a small budget that will have to do.

Have the club learned about the :censored:ty articles as arguably Tarky is a bigger "resigning" than Gosset and Simpson.

They may well have learnt. It wasn't the club who said we would sign someone this week either - it was the chron. Just do the deals and leave it at that.

Very good, he's had a lot of injury set backs, but has soldiered on valiantly for the club, this should give him a lot of confidence going into the new season.

Edited by BP1960

No, I don't think Tarky is a bad player and didn't say that. I just don't think it's as easy to build a team of home grown players (to avoid signing 'journeymen') as it sounds.

Edit - sorry, that was meant for Razza.

Edited by Crusoe

Pleased he's staying, I have been one of his biggest critics but he has made progress over the last year or so, especially since Byrne came in. I thought he did well in the cup games too and i'm sure his head was turned a little but i'm glad he's decided to stay and continue his development here rather then moving on and rotting in the reserves somewhere….

Edited by oafcprozac

2 year deal is about right for me. If he progresses at a faster rate than we do then it means compensation if he moves up a level.

He is a capable back-up CB so he can expect to play quite a few games anyway. I would be worried about him playing with Byrne, due to their lack of pace, though.

Whose reserves would he have gone to rot in?

Tarkowski has 'potential'. I'd hope he wouldn't be starting 46 games, though.

If he does play 46 games he will be much sought after - resulting in a big fee if transferred.

Edited by BP1960