Tarky signs new contract

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit

Pleased he's staying, I have been one of his biggest critics but he has made progress over the last year or so, especially since Byrne came in. I thought he did well in the cup games too and i'm sure his head was turned a little but i'm glad he's decided to stay and continue his development here rather then moving on and rotting in the reserves somewhere….

^ This

He is a year younger than I thought too. I thought he was 21 going on 22.

Edited by pukka

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

I think its too early to judge. If after 46 games, he scores say a fair few vital goals and is solid at the back, I wouldn't be surprised at him going in the summer. All it takes ala matt smith is a heap of good performances and your sought after. Exception this time around is we have a possibility of getting a fee

I'm glad he has signed in terms of depth to the squad but 2 years worries me that he may be given some sort of assurances that he is 1st choice

He has had time to learn and never seems to. Like razza said at least tarky cares and i do see leadership qualities in him but really needs to step up to the plate now, no more excuses

what excuses?

he's always been brutally honest when he's commented on a bad performance.

Much as I'd like to see it work, I'm not so sure an experiment like that would last long enough to prove anything.

A team loaded with ex-youth players may just crumble under pressure, particularly when the boo boys start on them after a handful of games. You'd need some mentally very strong players and a manager and chairman with balls of titanium not to cave and reach for the loan phonebook.

He's a donkey. He's slow as piss, and can't defend for toffee. I'd hope that he's not playing regularly next season...

Apart from that, he's ok....

Love it!

Am I the only one who thinks that Tarko is a real talent and will get better and better?

- if he develops as I believe he will, then he will be a championship player within two years... remember you heard it here first. :OASISscarf:

Edited by TheBigDog

Why the stupid comments Sinnott? - he's our player we should be offering encouragement, he's a young lad with lots to learn but he's got bags of potential.

I offer him encouragement during the games. But this is a message board. If I think he's :censored:, then surely this is the perfect place to say so...

Or have I misinterpreted the point of a message board...

Im also pleased hes signed up, but would like to see JYM and another experienced head coming in, with the possibility of Tarky and/or Belezika being loaned out to lge 2 with their wages paid. He obviously has something we dont see week in week out and he is still a baby in terms of centre halves, hes never gonna be Usain Bolt but i think a good football brain and good positioning ( which can be coached ) is more important for a cb. You only have to look back to Gregan for evidence of this, cos he was half decent you know.

Love it!

Am I the only one who thinks that Tarko is a real talent and will get better and better?

- if he develops as I believe he will, then he will be a championship player within two years... remember you heard it here first. :OASISscarf:

i've been saying it for 2 or 3 years

Fair point Sinnott but I would think Tarky reads this board and it can't be helpful - can it?? Must make him really pleased to read that from his own fans - lets just hope he rams it down your throat the coming season!

Happy he has signed but now as said before needs to step up a gear he his no longer the kid this being his 3rd season with other young players coming through they will be looking up to him. Still think he has got plenty of potential as mentioned its better he his playing first team football here.

Love it!

Said the same in past about him, he will be fine next season.

Glad he has signed! Funny im not that fussed about mvoto as he makes mistakes every game which get ignored by some on here.

Tarky needs to improve and he will with the right coaching.

as for mvoto if he doesn't learn to open his mouth during games he won't make it for long in the championship and his :censored: ups will get punished more

Edited by palmer1