M'Voto 85% gone and several keeper names mentioned

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice of him to tell us he was off

He mentioned that he leaves everything to his agent, I suppose its fair do's, he's out of contract and give him one thing, he never promised he would come back.... He's a loss that's for sure, but, lets see who strolls in to BP.

If LJ says he's 85% gone then i'm sure he would have been aware that M'voto was talking to Championship clubs. Again, the travesty is a good player leaving on a freemans.

It's interesting that Croft was given like 5 days to make a decision and was then binned off, Croft even went on Twitter to say no contract was offered, BUT, M'voto seems to have all summer to pimp around and has no deadline what so ever.

Yep it was a bit of a coup signing him on a permanent deal tbh - lower Champ is his level but he'll need to bit the ground running in his three years here its taken him a number of games to get going. He'll be strung in the league above of he does that...

LJ questioned Croft's attitude from the off - do you want to be a comedian, or do you want to be a top footballer again.

Presume he would have been on huge wages. Delivered, but largely just in the cup games. Admittedly but lots of effort in other games, when miss-managed by PD. But he was barely fit all season. And no goals, replaceable.

LJ knew he wouldn't stay. It was perhaps a case of getting the 'disappointment' over with...

M'Voto took longer as, like with K Smith, he thought there'd be a chance but perhaps a slim one. And he was prepared to wait.

Ultimately though, we've got a popular centre-back with a great song, but one who delivers bad errors that lead to goals as well as standout performances.

Definitely replaceable, with a steady eddy.

I know the whole team were pants, but at Shrewsbury M'Voto got absolutely rinsed for 90 minutes. Simple balls between the centre-back and full-back with a striker running on, his pace was really exposed.

He was exposed by the rest of the back four/back three, however, with Montano at left-back...

Hope it works out, and well done on earning a move, but he'll need to go up another level to stay in the Championship.

Yep it was a bit of a coup signing him on a permanent deal tbh - lower Champ is his level but he'll need to bit the ground running in his three years here its taken him a number of games to get going. He'll be strung in the league above of he does that...

Players can improve quickly against better players week in week out.

Players can improve quickly against better players week in week out.

I've not said he won't improve, what I've said is he starts the season slowly, like he has done in his three seasons here - no reason to believe it won't take him time to get up to speed this season, especially after moving up a level. His physicality and aerial dominance will compensate. However, players are quicker are more savvy in the Championship and he will have to dig the pace out - he has some pace, too often he doesn't use it.

Anyone else think he could have gone to Brum just for a trial?

No offer maybe and back to us?

Assume he will have other offers though.

He's not coming back to Latics, no way. Dickov has publicly stated that he's interested in signing him, so even if the Brum thing doesn't work out for him, he won't be coming back to BP. And anyone who thinks M'voto will be too huffed by Dickov's (accurate) comments as pundit on the Everton game to sign for him is kidding themselves.

Dickov's squad of pussies has bit by bit skulked off to be bit part players in the Championship. I can't see any of them playing week in week out as they have neither the heart or desire to fight when the chips are down. Donny will struggle, if Dickov wants to surround himself with the play when they feel like it pussies that served him so well last season, then they will be down by Christmas…..

Edited by oafcprozac

Dickov's squad of pussies has bit by bit skulked off to be bit part players in the Championship. I can't see any of them playing week in week out as they have neither the heart or desire to fight when the chips are down. Donny will struggle, if Dickov wants to surround himself with the play when they feel like it pussies that served him so well last season, then they will be down by Christmas…..

Unless of course that it wasn't Dickov that they weren't prepared to play for - but the club itself / or the league that it was in. You never can tell with these over paid prima donnas.

With my cynical hat on, I think LJ really bigged up RS at the end of the season to try and encourage another club to come and sign him.

Did the 'he may not have played last game for Latics' thing get mentioned because Simpson has some sort of option on another year? But at least, even if that's true, the club seemingly has the power to pay him less - or that was just made up as the reason for this 'great warrior in the trenches' having to be allowed to move on.....!?

Either way, I trust LJ is quite savvy and knows what he's doing.

Simpson will have been on a chunk of money.

Hopefully LJ won't let players have these silly contracts with bonuses for just turning up (or not, in the case,apparently, of Wes when he missed the cup tie at Forest?) - whether they play well or not.