Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could only make sense of it if meant fully rebuilding BP. It's a good location, it exists, no planning problems.

There may well be planning problems. There are now more houses, which means more complainants. I doubt we could build anything higher than the main stand, or the Chaddybecause the mimbies would have legitimate light issues. The only new stand which could be properly developed is the one about to be built. In my opinion, although I want a stand to be built, it should be delayed and MK could then build something bigger and better to house more sport and retail outlets, as well as more seats. Another planning issue is parking. We now only have one car park because Blitz and Gazal sold off the other two. A multistory would go down really well with the locals

still keep saying build it on the old sainsburys and the next door health centre lots of very good transport links pubs and parking etc close to bus station tram lines town center car parks and like i say big boost for pubs

Think they're currently building a new matalan on that site

Yes they have, and the old Matalan will be upgraded. Another property company has bought the land and has new retailers lined up to move in. This was probably a non starter any way due to being on the doorstep of Glodwick, and the town centre and possible trouble after matches.

This has now been simmering for a few months ......the fans need a statement from the club as to whether there is any truth in these rumours.

Koukash is saying one thing and Corney is saying another.

The way Koukash has been talking in the press there must be some credibility in this story.

If as Koukash says he wants to build a community stadium for a variety of sports perhaps the BP land isn't a part of any deal. TTA'S could sell the football club and keep the land for future profit. That way they may be able to recoup the vast majority of their outlay.

We are almost in October and still no action with the stand.....is this potential deal holding everything up?

Come on Corney let's come clean and either confirm or deny these overtones..... The fans need to know one way or the other!!

This has now been simmering for a few months ......the fans need a statement from the club as to whether there is any truth in these rumours.

Koukash is saying one thing and Corney is saying another.

The way Koukash has been talking in the press there must be some credibility in this story.

If as Koukash says he wants to build a community stadium for a variety of sports perhaps the BP land isn't a part of any deal. TTA'S could sell the football club and keep the land for future profit. That way they may be able to recoup the vast majority of their outlay.

We are almost in October and still no action with the stand.....is this potential deal holding everything up?

Come on Corney let's come clean and either confirm or deny these overtones..... The fans need to know one way or the other!!

There has already been two statements released, one fairly recent, by the club on the matter already.

This has now been simmering for a few months ......the fans need a statement from the club as to whether there is any truth in these rumours

Anyone can issue a statement, but it doesn't mean it's true!

So why do you want the club to tell us what's going on then? They'll be wasting their time.

With what Koukash is saying in the media surely they have to be in negotiations!

All he's said is that he wants to buy Oldham Athletic. Nowhere has he indicated recent conversations with Corney. Edited by opinions4u

As you say I don't think there's enough space at BP now that the houses have been built.

I've read somewhere he has already met with Oldham Council. It would be a bit of a shock if they have suddenly earmarked somewhere for development after TTA's catalogue of failed attempts over the last 10 years!

Koukash in the M.E.N...

I would like to reach a deal with both clubs and then look at building what would be a sporting destination in Oldham with a new stadium, revealed Koukash.

This would not only be a focal point for rugby league and football but it could also house other sports such as basketball and netball.

There is the new swimming baths that's going to be built on the site of aldi the doctors and sainsburys that must be enough land to accommodate it all