Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am intrigued by the sentence " I am now more of a facilitator opposed to being a doer and have a great team around me who are very successful in business and all share my sporting vision."

Is this something to do with bringing together people who will finance the proposed North Stand? :unsure:

I took it to mean Hamilton and Corney would remain in situ for the.day to day stuff.

Re. the comments earlier in this thread on newspapers just trying to sell papers... Isn't that what they are supposed to do? It would be a rubbish paper if it didn't want to sell papers. It's a business - shouldn't have to apologise for wanting to be successful.

Part of being successful is having credibility. Running a series of manufactured stories would damage credibility so most papers - particularly regional ones, won't do that.

If a potential Latics takeover is reported I believe it is because it has potential to happen. Doesn't mean it will happen - I doubt there is any fortune tellers in the MEN sport department nor does there claim to be - but there is clearly talk, and the talk is reported and a reader can make up their own mind.

Sometimes it's just too easy for people to bash newspapers.

Re. the comments earlier in this thread on newspapers just trying to sell papers... Isn't that what they are supposed to do? It would be a rubbish paper if it didn't want to sell papers. It's a business - shouldn't have to apologise for wanting to be successful.

Part of being successful is having credibility. Running a series of manufactured stories would damage credibility so most papers - particularly regional ones, won't do that.

If a potential Latics takeover is reported I believe it is because it has potential to happen. Doesn't mean it will happen - I doubt there is any fortune tellers in the MEN sport department nor does there claim to be - but there is clearly talk, and the talk is reported and a reader can make up their own mind.

Reckon you've nailed it there Sir.

Stop talking sense, you are ruining a :censored:ing good conspiracy theory!

No smoke without fire... too many stories, too many direct quotes and not enough carefully worded responses to these stories refuting the articles from the club for my liking. Silence speaks volumes.

Guys like MK do their homework and value their reputation before openly coming out in the press with direct quotes etc

We won't know for certain until the ink is about to put to paper but if I'm a betting man then MK is looking to buy the club and is in talks with SC regarding this.

The buyout amount* and the matter of whether Oldham Council can meet MKs expectations and desires on stadium development/relocation will liking put an end to it though.

* that said, could MK not buy just 'the club' and remain as tenant at BP to Blitz & Gazal until a new site is located and we move....ideally within the borough?!

No smoke without fire... too many stories, too many direct quotes and not enough carefully worded responses to these stories refuting the articles from the club for my liking. Silence speaks volumes.

Guys like MK do their homework and value their reputation before openly coming out in the press with direct quotes etc

We won't know for certain until the ink is about to put to paper but if I'm a betting man then MK is looking to buy the club and is in talks with SC regarding this.

The buyout amount* and the matter of whether Oldham Council can meet MKs expectations and desires on stadium development/relocation will liking put an end to it though.

* that said, could MK not buy just 'the club' and remain as tenant at BP to Blitz & Gazal until a new site is located and we move....ideally within the borough?!

Why would we want a new site when a new stand is being built ?

I could only make sense of it if meant fully rebuilding BP. It's a good location, it exists, no planning problems.

I think he has said build a new stadium, I cannot see anywhere he has said a new location.

Which is part of the plans anyway, I am sure he is simply speeding it up (and hopefully the playing side too)

But what if Koukash said we'd have to move to Spootland or Gigg Lane for 2 years whilst new BP is being redeveloped?

I think he has said build a new stadium, I cannot see anywhere he has said a new location.

Which is part of the plans anyway, I am sure he is simply speeding it up (and hopefully the playing side too)

But what if Koukash said we'd have to move to Spootland or Gigg Lane for 2 years whilst new BP is being redeveloped?

We could all just sit in the new stand whilst they build the others

I could see it being Stalybridge or Curzon if we had a temporary move!

Query for Mike - reading the City edition of the MEN as now in town on Fridays and noticed no preview of local lower league football. Same last week. Is it in the full version? If not why not?!

Would have hoped it would have been included given 6 pages on the derby with apparently a further 24 to come tomorrow!

Query for Mike - reading the City edition of the MEN as now in town on Fridays and noticed no preview of local lower league football. Same last week. Is it in the full version? If not why not?!

Would have hoped it would have been included given 6 pages on the derby with apparently a further 24 to come tomorrow!

Clearly Pete only knows Mike is on holiday because Mike tapped his phone. It's the only logical explanation.

I heard he isn't actually on holiday. He's gone on a secret mission behind closed doors at City to find out why Rusnak really left, how much LJ loves himself, and just how ridiculously contrived a story he can persuade fans to believe.

Or something.

(Happy holiday Mike)

He speaks of leisure facilities and basketball courts etc. can't see this being at bp. Do we have space on the leftover land for this?

As you say I don't think there's enough space at BP now that the houses have been built.

I've read somewhere he has already met with Oldham Council. It would be a bit of a shock if they have suddenly earmarked somewhere for development after TTA's catalogue of failed attempts over the last 10 years!

Koukash in the M.E.N...

I would like to reach a deal with both clubs and then look at building what would be a sporting destination in Oldham with a new stadium, revealed Koukash.

This would not only be a focal point for rugby league and football but it could also house other sports such as basketball and netball.