Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£1 plus taking on the club's debt to Brassbank.

This is probably where the problem will lie, if a serious negotiation starts. That's what TTA would want but it's not what it's worth. Just because they've 'loaned" money to the club during their tenure, doesn't mean it's worth that to a new buyer, further down the line.

This is probably where the problem will lie, if a serious negotiation starts. That's what TTA would want but it's not what it's worth. Just because they've 'loaned" money to the club during their tenure, doesn't mean it's worth that to a new buyer, further down the line.

Reckon you are right here.

Most people would buy a club and expect to lose your dosh, not so sure with TTA.

After all, if you buy a sandwich shop, you don't expect to pay for the business and then give them an extra £50k because of the bad debt and mistakes the current owners ran up during their tenure do you?

Edited by lancy lad

It depends how much they lent to the club, and how much you value some of our players and other sellable assets. But realistically that is the best they could hope for. Personally if I was trying to buy the club, I'd buy the land first, but that's just the way I see it.

Horse:censored:. Not how business is done. Assuming they are all about the money. Let's say they are£7m down and they could get £5m back. Would they turn down the cash to spite themselves? No. If they had scope to sell for £15m would they sell for7? No. It's not how the world works, any more than when we sign a player on loan who's had had both his his legs cut off but," they paid 250k for him, they'll want that back."

Spot on. I'd love to know how much they got for the car park on Sheepfoot lane.

It was TTA who separated the land from the club. I guess the club could be bought separately leaving the land to be sold by Brassbanks. The problem with that is we will need somewhere to play whilst a stadium is being built. Blitz and Gazal would then have to come to some agreement regarding rent, and who pays for the demolition of the stands afterwards as they are owned by the club. SC and AH though, couldn't find anywhere suitable in Oldham. How will MK do any better. The only option I see is for MK to develop BP by buying the land as well. I would hope that the land and the club then remain together so that they are not separately owned in the future.

It was TTA who separated the land from the club. I guess the club could be bought separately leaving the land to be sold by Brassbanks. The problem with that is we will need somewhere to play whilst a stadium is being built. Blitz and Gazal would then have to come to some agreement regarding rent, and who pays for the demolition of the stands afterwards as they are owned by the club. SC and AH though, couldn't find anywhere suitable in Oldham. How will MK do any better. The only option I see is for MK to develop BP by buying the land as well. I would hope that the land and the club then remain together so that they are not separately owned in the future.

The club is worth two thirds of :censored: all.

You would need to be a moron to buy the club without the land.

There's only the lookers car park left isn't there?