Marwan Koukash

I just hope their determination to get back their money doesn't prohibit the sale of the club to anyone who could genuinely move it in the right direction (whether that be Koukash or anyone else).

This has always been my biggest concern with the current status quo. Yes, I would say we are in a relatively decent position when in comparison to other clubs, but at the end of it all we have cut our cloth to such an extent that mere survival in this division by very fine margins at that is the only real objective it seems. A clear infrestructure is still not in place after a decade of the current owner(s) whereas other clubs who were in much worse situations than us (Blackpool, Bournemouth, Wigan, Peterborough, Cardiff City, Swansea etc etc) have managed to find good investment and put everything needed in place for success, all within the same time frame that TTA have been owning us.

Now, I'm not saying progress and some kind of positive legacy will not happen still, but if it does I can't see it being to anything like the magnitiude that the afore mentioned clubs have seen. Unless TTA find investment and relenquish their hold on the club this is always going to be the case.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my only concern??? Why has he not gone for them? They have the ability to be 10 times bigger than us in years to come, because people currently travel from all over Greater Manchester to watch them play in a :censored: league!

Don't talk bollocks.

A few fans protesting against another teams owners are not bigger than Oldham Athletic.

Don't talk bollocks.

A few fans protesting against another teams owners are not bigger than Oldham Athletic.

Their average home crowd is not much less than ours now and they are about 5 divisions behind, if they ever make league football they will be starting out life in League 2 with 10,000+...like it or not!

That's my only concern??? Why has he not gone for them? They have the ability to be 10 times bigger than us in years to come, because people currently travel from all over Greater Manchester to watch them play in a :censored: league!

Because (I believe) they don't want a businessman taking over the club and it becoming MUFC2. They want it to be more community orientated. Due to that, they have found their level somewhat.

Their average home crowd is not much less than ours now and they are about 5 divisions behind, if they ever make league football they will be starting out life in League 2 with 10,000+...like it or not!

Nah, its dropping off significantly now.

Now they have stagnated and not got successive promotions.

So the plastic glory hunters have stayed away in droves.

How ironic.

Novelty has worn off I think.

20/08/2013 AFC Fylde 1,649 24/08/2013 Stamford 1,629 03/09/2013 Witton Albion 1,614 07/09/2013 Rushall Olympic 1,860 14/09/2013 Chorley 1,318 Edited by singe

43% less than inception season

Apologies for the lack of formatting

Since Inception YOY

NWCL Div 2

1/19 Promoted

2006–07

NWCL Div 1

1/22 Promoted

Since Inception Var

-15.5%

YOY Var

-15.5%

2007–08

North Prem Div 1 N

2/18 Promoted Play Offs

Var to 06/7

-31.7%

YOY

-19.2%

2008–09

North Prem Prem

6/22

Var to 06/07

-29.6%

YOY

3.2%

2009–10

North Prem Prem

13/20

Var to 06/07

-36.1%

YOY

-9.2%

2010–11

North Prem Prem

4th of 22

Poffs KO

Var to 06/07

-35.8%

YOY

0.4%

2011–12

North Prem Prem

6th of 22. P/O KO.

Var to 06/07

-36.3%

YOY

-0.7%

2012–13

North Prem Prem

3rd of 22 P/O KO

Var to 06/07

-1221 -40.0% -112 -5.8%

2013–14 North Prem Prem 4th of 24 1,713

-1343 -43.9% -122 -6.6%

Edited by singe

Thanks for the stats singe, I never realised it was on the decline.

However, you only have to look at the fact that when they played away at Rochdale in the FA Cup a few years ago, there was over 7,000 there on a Friday night. If they did, manage to make the league with a little financial backing and a ground to call their own (rather than flitting between Bury and Stalybridge), they would probably vastly increase their home crowds. And they also have a much bigger catchment area than we can attract.

Thanks for the stats singe, I never realised it was on the decline.

However, you only have to look at the fact that when they played away at Rochdale in the FA Cup a few years ago, there was over 7,000 there on a Friday night. If they did, manage to make the league with a little financial backing and a ground to call their own (rather than flitting between Bury and Stalybridge), they would probably vastly increase their home crowds. And they also have a much bigger catchment area than we can attract.

Lets not forget if they went to places such as Gillingham, Exeter, Bristol although there a rebel club a few of the plastic locals who will proberly never go Old Trafford made feel the need to come to watch them as some sort of attachment.

Steady on, are you just plucking numbers out of thin air?

Because (I believe) they don't want a businessman taking over the club and it becoming MUFC2. They want it to be more community orientated. Due to that, they have found their level somewhat.

Very true, however Gigg Lane hoovers up a lot of revenue that would otherwise go to FC. I'd argue that FC may have a lot more power in securing contracts for players when the move into the Community Stadium is complete. I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that there is only so much a club can achieve without the potential of your own ground to create money.

Nah, its dropping off significantly now.

Now they have stagnated and not got successive promotions. So the plastic glory hunters have stayed away in droves. How ironic. Novelty has worn off I think.

I'd say that the initial 3000 averages were down to novelty, what we are seeing now is a gradual stabilisation of the fan base, although there are more people who have bought into the membership scheme than actually go to the games. The declining visiting fan is possibly something that any club could go through if they stay in one division for a while, it's certainly been a challenge for OAFC.

I'd say that the initial 3000 averages were down to novelty, what we are seeing now is a gradual stabilisation of the fan base, although there are more people who have bought into the membership scheme than actually go to the games. The declining visiting fan is possibly something that any club could go through if they stay in one division for a while, it's certainly been a challenge for OAFC.

That, and for an east Manchester club having to play in Bury it's not exactly the most practical day out for fans.

Koukash has been given permission to buy the Roughyeds.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/koukash-given-roughyeds-all-clear-rugby-6057864

A senior spokesman for the RFL told MEN Sport: “To own a second club, any individual simply needs permission from the RFL board for this to happen.”

I don't think the headline in the article is correct then.

Edited by jimsleftfoot