Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say it does happen and then goes for latics and corney excepts. I believe we need a clear outline on what is long term ambitions are and how much he is willing to give lee Johnson to spend.

But clearly its not going to happen so all the conjecture about a budget is utter pie in the sky.

Im all for a bit of optimism on the site but if i want to read about fairytales i can look up santa claus online.....

But clearly its not going to happen so all the conjecture about a budget is utter pie in the sky.

Im all for a bit of optimism on the site but if i want to read about fairytales i can look up santa claus online.....

I'm only saying if no need to get the hump. I was only having my opinion.

For something that's clearly not going to happen the link seems remarkably consistent and strong Riggo.

For something that's clearly not going to happen the link seems remarkably consistent and strong Riggo.

...perpetuated by an entity that needs to sell newspapers? I ain't gonna close the thread, but this is a newspaper story in the truest sense of the word.

...perpetuated by an entity that needs to sell newspapers? I ain't gonna close the thread, but this is a newspaper story in the truest sense of the word.

Not sure how many people are going to buy a copy of the MEN just to read a story about our little club to be honest.

Bang on deyres42 - a mythbusting post if I ever saw one that will hopefully shatter some misguided agendas on here. Might be worth noting that there's already been a piece in the M.E.N. (don't think it went online) in which Chris Hamilton welcomes the interest and says he has already spoken to Dr Koukash about him taking over. His actual words were that he (Koukash) would be 'knocking at an open door'.

Not sure how many people are going to buy a copy of the MEN just to read a story about our little club to be honest.

It all adds up though and we are talking about it. The MEN article is on here and I imagine many will have clicked on the link: more advertising revenue for MEN.

Koukash is in the M. E. N again today saying he is 100% serious about owning three professional clubs. " I know I can do this and fully intend to, I know for a fact I can look after the interests of all three clubs and make them all a major force ."

" I am now more of a facilitator opposed to being a doer and have a great team around me who are very successful in business and all share my sporting vision."

" They are fully aware of what I'm wanting to do for this region."

Corney has recently said a starting date has been fixed for the building of the stand, however he doesn't want to reveal it in case of possible setbacks.......is this Koukash story the real reason, I think we will find out very soon!!!

That argument might stack up if it was a grand a click, rather than coppers.

Do you think Mcdonalds take that approach? Lets not bother asking the staff to upsell as its only 20p extra for the large meal? No, accross their global empire they encourage all there staff to ask 'do you want a large meal' because it all adds up.

In the same way, MEN are owned by the Trinitiy Mirror Group (pre-tax profits of £98m in 2012). Advertising revenue will be based on the numbers of readers, both printed and online, who will get to view the advertisments (and potentially click through for online). The bigger and wider the readership, the more money Trininty Mirror Group make. It all adds up.

I like the MEN, but it is a PLC at the end of the day and the shareholders will demand profits to be made.

Do you think Mcdonalds take that approach? Lets not bother asking the staff to upsell as its only 20p extra for the large meal? No, accross their global empire they encourage all there staff to ask 'do you want a large meal' because it all adds up.

In the same way, MEN are owned by the Trinitiy Mirror Group (pre-tax profits of £98m in 2012). Advertising revenue will be based on the numbers of readers, both printed and online, who will get to view the advertisments (and potentially click through for online). The bigger and wider the readership, the more money Trininty Mirror Group make. It all adds up.

I like the MEN, but it is a PLC at the end of the day and the shareholders will demand profits to be made.

Yep, fair points you make, and daresay it's a reason why they have big chunks of City and Utd coverage/filler every edition.

Struggling with the idea that the Koukash link is being put out there to boost revenue streams though.

It may do but Jim McMahon is the main man to stick to the agenda.

http://www.saddleworthnews.com/?p=16273

Lets hope they employ someone on half his salary, none of this market comparison rubbish, there's plenty of good people out there who can just a good a job or better, while they are at it cut the pay of his assistants and all the councillors (including McMahon) too.

And yes, I got out of bed the wrong side today. :ranting:

Edited by BP1960