Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pointing out that their expectations would be based on the money they've put in

It's this that i (perhaps rudely) disagree with. It doesn't matter a :censored: what you've put in. You make the best judgement based on where you are now. Relevant Future Cashflow, or as it used to be called, "No crying over spilt milk."

I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of any suitable council owned land being made available for a new sports stadium. It looks to me like the two most appropriate sites at Ferney field and Hollinwood are already earmarked for commercial development.

The meeting between Koukash and the Council will be a very short one and I would wager he'll be quickly looking elsewhere for another football club in which he can invest his hard earned!

I think the only way we could survive and prosper long term is like Rotherham, under new ownership and in a new stadium. I think this new stand is just papering over the cracks.......we are doomed I tell thee!!!!

I only read 1 page of this whole thing (page 8 or something) when someone said there was nothing in it. How the :censored: are we now at 41 pages? Anyone able to sum this up in 2 sentences or so?

Oldham fans - desperate, yet cautious.

Corney should push on with building the stand, it'll force Koukash to stop pissing about in the media and put his money where his mouth is.

If MK can find a good location in Oldham where Corney and OMBC failed, then fair play to him, but I can't see it happening. In theory a shared stadium for us and Roughyeds is a good idea for the whole town, but if it means we're going to have to go through an entire new stage of planning it'll set us back years.

totally agree- jog on

The saga can't carry on for much longer can it?

Koukash or Corney will put an end to it soon. I'm surprised that Corney, who likes his own column inches, hasn't spoken out following Koukash pimping himself in the media recently. Barry has come out telling Koukash to put a bid in suggesting no firm dialogue yet Koukash claims the club have given him a valuation.

As an outsider looking in, TTA own the land where the club sits and Koukash is claiming that a stadium needs to be built away from BP. What's the issue then? Koukash buys his own land in the town to build his project whilst buying the club (not the land) from Corney. Club become sitting tenants paying TTA rent until new stadium is built and then we relocate. TTA can then redevelop the BP land or sell on.

Surely there's sufficient land in the area for Koukash to build his project?!

Obviously it all depends on what Corney wants for the club - the name, the staff etc but not the ground. Surely it can't be valued as much apart from the Richards sell-on clause and reflecting Tarkowski's valuation. Rest of squad don't have massive sellable value at present can it?!

The saga can't carry on for much longer can it?

Koukash or Corney will put an end to it soon. I'm surprised that Corney, who likes his own column inches, hasn't spoken out following Koukash pimping himself in the media recently. Barry has come out telling Koukash to put a bid in suggesting no firm dialogue yet Koukash claims the club have given him a valuation.

As an outsider looking in, TTA own the land where the club sits and Koukash is claiming that a stadium needs to be built away from BP. What's the issue then? Koukash buys his own land in the town to build his project whilst buying the club (not the land) from Corney. Club become sitting tenants paying TTA rent until new stadium is built and then we relocate. TTA can then redevelop the BP land or sell on.

Surely there's sufficient land in the area for Koukash to build his project?!

Obviously it all depends on what Corney wants for the club - the name, the staff etc but not the ground. Surely it can't be valued as much apart from the Richards sell-on clause and reflecting Tarkowski's valuation. Rest of squad don't have massive sellable value at present can it?!

Unless MK is telling porkies (and i cant think of a good reason why he would),Corney either..

A Wants to sell the club and the land together (never gona happen)

B Corney is asking for silly money to buy the club on its own.

Bearing in mind Oldham council are never going to find an alternative site(we have been down this long winding culdesac before),im afraid its a cruel illusion.Without investment the club is dying a slow painful death,i salute the hardcore 3000 who are basically keeping OAFC afloat,i dont actually blame TTA for the predicament i blame the leeches and parasites who lined their pockets back in the early 90's when the club actually had potential.

If MK bought the clubs, and hit brick walls with the council as SC has on many occasions, I doubt he would stick around as SC has. Where would we be then?

I think he plans to get an agreement with the council first before negotiating with the clubs.