Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st evening back from my holiday - see a thread with 46 pages (wow!) on a potential new owner, click on it, only to read 2 posters going to head to head on whether or not there were any Meat & Potatoe pies left at the weekend.

Only on OWTB eh?

Edited by slystallone

All this talk of pies is making me hungry. It must be time to make some:

Corney beef koukash

Ingredients:

200g/7oz unsalted butter

10 onions, sliced

7kg/15lb 4oz floury white potatoes, boiled and chopped into cubes

10 x 340g/12oz tins corney beef, chopped into cubes

150ml/5fl oz Worcestershire sauce

small bunch curly parsley, chopped

sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation method:

Melt the butter in frying pans until foaming and gently fry the onions for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.

Add the potatoes and the corney beef and fry for 5-6 minutes, pressing down the mixture every so often with a fish slice, until the mixture is golden-brown and crisp.

When the corney beef koukash is cooked, remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle over the Worcestershire sauce and parsley and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

:sauce:

Well it looks like his location options are getting slimmer.

On the rarely wrong today

Date published: 27 September 2013

DEVELOPERS are now moving forward with plans for the Hollinwood area that includes the demolition of the gas holder. Reporter Robbie MacDonald gets the latest.

My first ever post on here, so don't be too harsh with me please. :) Just an opinion on the Koukash situation. As much as i'd love him to come in and spend some money on latics, I just can't see it happening. I could be wrong, but I think it's a publicity stunt on his part. As much as I hate to admit it, theres no real potential to make the club that much bigger. Even if we were doing well in the Championship, I doubt that we'd average 10,000 every home game. Everyone in Oldham these days supports City or United. Very sad. They should support their local club. Koukash surely must realise this as well.

I don't really agree with this, yes we are a small town next door to arguably the 2 biggest clubs in the country at this time but success will bring people in - especially as football at latics is more affordable than than those down the road. Our crowds now are pitiful but in the prem we always had between 10 and 13 thousand turning up. Wigan have proven it can be done (though they still don't sell out)

I don't really agree with this, yes we are a small town next door to arguably the 2 biggest clubs in the country at this time but success will bring people in - especially as football at latics is more affordable than than those down the road. Our crowds now are pitiful but in the prem we always had between 10 and 13 thousand turning up. Wigan have proven it can be done (though they still don't sell out)

We averaged 12,000 during our time in the Premier League. That was 20 years ago though. Since then we've lost a generation of potential fans who have either become City or United fans or not bothered with football at all.

You know, I know and this pussy thats currently sat on me knows that we will never ever never ever average 12,000 again. Correct. Even if we won this league, we stll wouldn't average more than 6,000. We've got no fan-base. I really worry for the club over the next few years. I'll be amazed if we're still a football league club in a decade. The club is crumbling before our very eyes.

The only way would be big teams bringing 4,500 per game and even they don't travel all that well anymore.