Could Koukash mean a ground share?

Salford City Reds have an already all singing dancing Stadium, Koukash already owns them. BP isn't really fit for purpose commercially. The covenant runs out in 2014. Anyone up for a ground share? Would not be a good optopn for us the fans but would make sense for MK to stick his eggs all in one basket as it were.....

Salford City Reds have an already all singing dancing Stadium, Koukash already owns them. BP isn't really fit for purpose commercially. The covenant runs out in 2014. Anyone up for a ground share? Would not be a good optopn for us the fans but would make sense for MK to stick his eggs all in one basket as it were.....

I can imagine that would appeal to TTA in a big way.

I very much doubt we'd move there - we'd no longer be Oldham Athletic and I doubt that it would be allowed, plus nearly all of us would no longer support them. He doesnt own the ground in Salford - although I think he's said he'd like to - and the ra ra's play there in the winter. As pointed out above I'm sure those loveable three amigo's would love it if they could get to build over the whole of BP and ride off into the sunset but nah, cant see it. We'll stay in Oldham, they'll stay next to the motorway in nowhere land and we'll all live happily ever after - all the way to the Premier League or liquidation depending on how it all pans out

I did wonder that but im not sure moving to established Man U territory could be considered a good move.

Edit - Salford City also don't own the stadium and Sale Sharks also play there.

There was talk of FC United going there or Salford council wanting them to move there before they got the ok for there ground.

I favour a solution whereby they redevelop Boundary Park and play football in the winter and rugby in the summer (all tenants welcome). Makes so much sense. Brings a genuine year-round income a step closer.

it'd make perfect sense to redevelop and have Oldham RL move out of that tip they call home and back in with us. They do currently have a link up with Salford as it happens with dual registered younger players, not sure they've had too many so far seeing as Salford had practically no players left at the start of the season.

it's all a bit vague which obviously makes one wonder. Dont think he makes the Times Rich List - what's the bottom end of that? 50,70M? So less than that and more than what I've got

Think it's £70 million. Then again the landlords don't make the list either.

An article on BBC quotes Koukash as saying;

"The particular club we're looking at the remedy for it is there," he added. "It was a huge club previously and it just needs that little bit of extra investment to take it to the next level.

"By bringing in the personnel that were previously associated with the club at its heyday and bringing people in who are genuine club supporters it will excite the fans."

A heyday we have had, in people like Royle & Ritchie, some fans would be excited, huge we have never been! 14,000 average gate in the premier league is not big enough for that descriptor! It must be someone else....!!!!

Also rumours that it could be Leeds.

That was Leeds fans commentating that it could be them when the article came out on the BBC that Dr K was looking for a club. Around the same time Mike Keegan tweeted about him being interested in us.

"Meanwhile, the millionaire racehorse owner has confirmed he is looking to take over a football club, thought to be Oldham Athletic.

He declined to confirm the identify of the club but said it would continue to play in its current home, rather than ground-share at the Salford City Stadium, if his bid is successful."

Source

"Meanwhile, the millionaire racehorse owner has confirmed he is looking to take over a football club, thought to be Oldham Athletic.

He declined to confirm the identify of the club but said it would continue to play in its current home, rather than ground-share at the Salford City Stadium, if his bid is successful."

Source

(GULP)

That was Leeds fans commentating that it could be them when the article came out on the BBC that Dr K was looking for a club. Around the same time Mike Keegan tweeted about him being interested in us.

Mike Keegan is usually spot on and made it an exclusive in the M.E.N.