How is it related?

Oldham Athletic website, advertising Manchester United tickets?

Oldham Athletic has next to no control over the adverts that appear on its website. United will control theirs to the most minute detail. United will take full advantage of that. Why is anyone surprised/annoyed?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham Athletic has next to no control over the adverts that appear on its website. United will control theirs to the most minute detail. United will take full advantage of that. Why is anyone surprised/annoyed?

Can you see City's site not controlling the same advert or Liverpool's?

I think not!

As I've described, Man United wont know where this ad has appeared. They've bought bulk inventory from a network that happens to represent the FL league clubs that share the web format. It's the FL that should block other football clubs from accessing this inventory. We could complain to our club who in turn could point it out.

I guess southern clubs in the lower leagues will see the likes of Arsenal & Spurs on their sites.

As I've described, Man United wont know where this ad has appeared. They've bought bulk inventory from a network that happens to represent the FL league clubs that share the web format. It's the FL that should block other football clubs from accessing this inventory. We could complain to our club who in turn could point it out.

I guess southern clubs in the lower leagues will see the likes of Arsenal & Spurs on their sites.

Yeah totally. Would the FL turn down the money though? How many people go from Latics' website to buy a VIP package at OT, or spend any money on manutd.com at all? I don't reckon it's many and probably not many, if any, who wouldn't have been on their way at some point. I don't see it taking fans/money from us. Probably fairly poorly targeted marketing, but that's the vast majority of online marketing spend at the moment.

Sure, I understand. My intension is/was only to mock their club, and nothing more.

And I think this is it. I have called it them many a time. Only because it's what's winds them up the most. It's was a horrific tragedy and as I've grown up I no longer use the phrase and feel uncomfortable when people use it.

Another day another rant .

Quite. Looks like BB80 has been outed as having a bit of a soft spot for Man United, given they're targeting him. All I get are adverts containing Jean Claude Van Damme peddling that Coors stuff. Clearly because I'm partial to :censored: straight-to-video early-90's faux martial arts films and beer.

I can't take it back and my dislike runs deep.

The majority of us hate United and City et al but surely its only for purely footballing reasons? If you take the piss out of the death of their players that was indeed nothing to do with football then I seriously think you have deeper lying issues.

Does p1ss me off tho, fookin Munich cnuts!

I'm sorry it offends you, I just don't like them.

No no, I'm genuinely sorry to Stevie, Prozac and anyone else, including yourself, who find it offensive. However, I can't take it back and my dislike runs deep.

Sure, I understand. My intension is/was only to mock their club, and nothing more.

The tragedy of innocent loss of lives is not what I am attacking, only the brand Manchester United.

If you didn't like Liverpool, would it be OK to refer to them as the Hillsboroughs?

It's like saying cracking a quip about the Titanic is the same as the recent Tsunami. They're different eras and most people on here wouldn't have been born in 58.

I'm not saying it's right, but there's a difference.

If you didn't like Liverpool, would it be OK to refer to them as the Hillsboroughs?

If the advertising is pay per click, shouldn't we all be hitting that advert and taking money away from Utd - and possibly in a small way to us?

But then they'll raise money through more people visiting their website and hence making it more attractive to future sponsors. We should just burn Old Trafford down, it's the quickest way.