Latics youths who didn't fulfil their early promise

Matthew Barlow, prolific goalscorer for the youths, did not carry this to first team level.

David Beresford, lightning quick, but little else to offer.

Iain Swan, big centre back,thought he might have done better.

Mark Hotte, struggled at first team level.

David Miskelly, another who struggled at first team level.

Will Haining, promising start,

Adam Griffin, same as Haining.

Edited by BP1960

Harsh.... Warnock told him "I am going to build a team round you." Day later you have 40 mins to get to Huddersfield and sign.

Our lass works with David Beresford : she is amazed that I ask for daily updates on his every movement... Edited by Lee Sinnott

Gorton was better than Goram, what a waste,,

Bez - I'm expecting a simialr sort of impact from Schidney

Mark Innes was superb then died a real death after being moved to left-back

Andy Holt had a decent lower league career but the interest from Liverpool and Celtic killed his Latics career

Andy Gorton was good enough to have made a very good career for himself yet pissed it all away

Tipton didn't want it enough, reinvented himself as a knobhead, that charged around like a headless chicken. It was all downhill after the haircut

Richard Graham, excellent player - his body gave up on him

Danny Hall - really looked the part, but never improved

Danny Boshell - never quite made that step into Football League quality, the ability was there - he simply had no heart. How he managed contract after contract, I'll never know...

O

Matty Wolfenden scored hatfuls for the ressies and youth teams, think hes somewhere along the FC United level now

Scored a belter for FC against Witton Albion in the PO.

We're still going to regret letting Carlos Roca go one day though, mark my words.

FC released him and is now at Chorley.

Ryan Brooke

Hyped up alot by Big Joe in 2009 - Failed to deliver, although getting injured by Lonergan in pre-season didn't help!

He still not got back to full recovery either. If we weren't in the chaddy that day, hubby was going to get on that pitch and give that gk what for. Made and broke careers that match, eaves went on, Ryan couldn't recover Edited by underdog