ANOTHER PUSH FOR THE "DO"

I'd like to attend this event, but it's not local enough, or cheap enough, and I don't want to see a band.Not local enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? I'm amazed that you can manage to get to a home game, living all that way from the ground in Shaw!!!!!. If you dont like the arrangements, dont whinge, just dont go.

Start to early, with band will finish to late for midweek, wrong venue imho, anyone wanting a drink reliant on a taxi. Village to Shaw Taxi slightly different to Civic Centre to Shaw. Motown nights are regular at the village good business for the manager as a midweek filler.

Hope it is a success but must be in serious doubt re numbers? Feel strongly on principle it should have been WITHIN Oldham itself. Couldnt a meet and greet buffet have been organised at the new school near Boundary Park, Aware Dr Kershaws having events in building.

Chat with players, buffet, quiz etc splitting players with fans. This choice of venue also assumes you have transport. Maddog is spot on not whinging at all. Its a thankless task arranging any do but still entitled to voice an opinion if it looks a bad decision.

I finish work at 7 couldnt get to venue before 8.30 and as back in at 7am late night a non starter. Im not going so dad wouldnt be going.

To be fair Hallam, I think its good that people are explaining why they cant make it..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fully fledged,dedicated, semi life long Latics fan who watched every home FA cup game against Premier League opposition on the telly last year, I would just like to express my disgust that Barry Owen did not consult with me first about this event when he could have held it at the first class/ cheap venue at the end of our street/local area. I think it’s my right as someone who bought/might have bought a season ticket/cuddly Chaddy Owl/lucky draw ticket to have had choice of menu and to have been driven to the ‘do’ by LJ in his super stretched limo Dinky car. Oh, and it should have been on a Monday/Tuesday/ Wednesday/ Thursday/Friday/ Saturday/Sunday ( delete as applicable). And who voted for Lee Johnson, anyway? :wink:

The village was selected has it is a club partner and we hoped that by helping the club hold an scent there, more support from the Village group could be made towards the club for future events.

JSS - what's this email that keeps being mentioned that needs to be answered ?

The club use the village for training and cool down sessions. Players use the wet side facilities and health club. 30+ players using just a gym alone would be a massive outlay !

The village allow the players and staff to use facilities in return any events suitable can are looked at first for the village as a venue.

The club use the village for training and cool down sessions. Players use the wet side facilities and health club. 30+ players using just a gym alone would be a massive outlay !

The village allow the players and staff to use facilities in return any events suitable can are looked at first for the village as a venue.

Do they not use DW anymore?

The club use the village for training and cool down sessions. Players use the wet side facilities and health club. 30+ players using just a gym alone would be a massive outlay ! The village allow the players and staff to use facilities in return any events suitable can are looked at first for the village as a venue.

Hey when we build our top class gym with a pool then think of the savings. Oh, wait a minute...

Event has been pulled.

Due to circumstances beyond the Trusts control it has been found necessary to cancel the event at the Village Hotel, Ashton-u-Lyne.#oafc

Full refunds will be issued on tickets bought already, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused #oafc

Do they not use DW anymore?

I've seen a good few of them using Lifestyle Fitness on Deansgate. Glenn Belezika is very keen to reduce his body fat %age and doesn't mind discussing it on the Spinning bikes and Montano seems to have acquired a Backpool shirt from somewhere. I'm a real ITK.

The DO has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances - Wonder what they are?????????????

Presumably it wasn't foreseen that they wouldn't sell any tickets.

The club/Trust should make more of an effort to understand the fans.