The New Away Kit Reaction Thread

Yeah Prozac. Wearing Pink makes us gay like Daffyd from Little Britain. How very modern of you...

Really??

I was taking the piss, thus bought one earlier….the joke was at Fila's expense not those of us buying it. A baby could spew down a chewing gum white vest, yet stick a Latics Crest on it - package it as a kit and I'd buy the :censored:er.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Raspberry not pink……...

daffydt.jpg

A grown man, earlier today.

I don't expect everyone to like the kit. Not everyone liked the home shirt; for what it's worth, i never liked the away kit last year (thought the white shorts made it look too much like Blackpool). And, y'know, congratulations on buying it. But 1970s-Wheeltappers-and-Shunters-ooh-ducky-doesn't-it-look-gay gags? Have a word with yourself, lad.

question to the club and our fans rep barry, please show us fans the market research that was done by the club, which was used to pick this shirt as our away kit ??

check any cctv from oldham town centre or BP for the last 10 years and count on two fingers how many blokes your have seen about town wearing this colour ???

85% OF Women in oldham dont wear pink either ,so please tell us why this colour was picked ,cause we all want to know ??

We play in BLUE and WHITE!

What happens if everybody plays in blue and white? What happens if nobody played in blue and white? What happens if Oldham play in blue and white and there's nobody there to see it? Do they still play in blue and white?

Those howling in protest at the Dafydd reference, do realise that the whole joke of the character is that he isn't actually Gay? Some of you need to lighten up. If I'd posted something along the lines of

':censored:ing Hell, i'm not wearing that, as only poofs and benders wear pink', then fair enough. It was an attempt to be ironic and probably far too subtle I admit. I'd already posted that I thought the shirt looked like a rip-off of Bournemouth or Man Utd circa mid 80s. I also posted I would decide when seeing the shirt for real.

I bought the shirt, I'll be wearing it proudly around the Aegean over the next week or so - hell I might even take a trip to Mykonos, I still haven't watched Brokeback Mountain though….I also bought the Charity Shirt in 2009.

I still think the club missed a trick with a Charity angle, peoples prejudices disappear over the colour of a shirt if a fiver from every sale is going to Tickled Pink or The Christie Unit.

Edited by oafcprozac

I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends, don't think I've seen any of them in pink or raspberry.

I have a Celtic supporting friend and despite moving from Scotland to England 3 years ago, being fed English football for that period he subconsciously wears green all the time. Ramping it up next season though as he's coming to at least 6 matches with me. He'll never wear our blue but pink!?!

question to the club and our fans rep barry, please show us fans the market research that was done by the club, which was used to pick this shirt as our away kit ??

check any cctv from oldham town centre or BP for the last 10 years and count on two fingers how many blokes your have seen about town wearing this colour ???

85% OF Women in oldham dont wear pink either ,so please tell us why this colour was picked ,cause we all want to know ??

103_zpsaa57de19.gif

Those howling in protest at the Dafydd reference, do realise that the whole joke of the character is that he isn't actually Gay? Some of you need to lighten up. If I'd posted something along the lines of

':censored:ing Hell, i'm not wearing that, as only poofs and benders wear pink', then fair enough. It was an attempt to be ironic and probably far too subtle I admit. I'd already posted that I thought the shirt looked like a rip-off of Bournemouth or Man Utd circa mid 80s. I also posted I would decide when seeing the shirt for real.

I bought the shirt, I'll be wearing it proudly around the Aegean over the next week or so - hell I might even take a trip to Mykonos, I still haven't watched Brokeback Mountain though….I also bought the Charity Shirt in 2009.

I still think the club missed a trick with a Charity angle, peoples prejudices disappear over the colour of a shirt if a fiver from every sale is going to Tickled Pink or The Christie Unit.

Stewart Lee deconstructs his jokes so much better than this....

1) Who do you mean by 'we'? And where did you get that stat from?

2) Regarding why the kit was this colour, a long shot but aside from the one off pink shirt which wasn't available on general sale, we haven't had this colour before so perhaps they seen it as something new and something different?

3) Any market research will have been minimal.

Whilst I personally also think the kit is an absolute monstrosity, I am not going to knock the club for at least trying something a bit different.