Jose only sub...

LJ stated that everyone would have had similar game by the end of the macc game.....given that Baxter played in the previous 2 games I would read nothing into it....I know it's pre season and news is scarce but people need to stop trying to find ulterior motives for everything! Not that it'll stop them!

He's been ill as well.

I can see some are SO paranoid about Baxter leaving, they're looking for any little clue that he might go...

Yes he will leave eventually... Hopefully it won't be any time soon... Don't worry about it! :)

What are the odds that after that someone posts about a source at the game today telling them Baxter will be a *insert club* player by the start of the season

same :censored:, different player, different year

Edited by palmer1

I'm pleased we finally have competition for some key places. Defence looks a little light (hence I guess the Mellor experiment, and Belezika at full back in that other friendly) but everywhere else I'm happy that no one player should be guaranteed a spot.

To be fair to Dickov didnt really have a Plan A, he had a plan B though - stick Mvoto up top and leave your strikers on the bench

Makes sense to practice various systems, both with and without Jose. Didn't LJ say he'd have a plan A, B, C, D etc, not just PD-style plan A?

A but like how Mvoto is supposed to end up at Doncaster or Croft is supposed to end up at Doncaster.

There's plenty of Championship teams higher up the food chain who Baxter would be of interest to than Dickovs Doncaster so it'd surprise me.

On the flipside though, having seen our midfield and attacking options at the moment, I wouldn't panic half as much if Baxter were to go for a sizeable fee than I would have done this time 2 months ago.

I'd still rather keep him though, obviously.

Me too.

I want him to stay, as he's a touch of class at this level.

But with JCH waiting in the wings, we do have other options.

Indeed, also Millar, who I thought did well playing that role/position late last season. Plus I'd think Monty and Dayton could play well there too.

Also, there are probably a few players available for that role for free or not much with "proven" quality in that role at this level, e.g. (dare I say it) Simpson