first red!

10 mins into a new season at Bramall lane and a "bigger" team already has a decision.

Shocking red for Lidell of Notts County when the ref could have used his brain and either talked to him or at worst a yellow! 10 mins into a new season ffs

Is this again the standard we have to look forward too?

He got his foot on the ball first, his foot was high but he was going for the ball but not great I agree however 10 minutes into a new season he could have used some common sense spoken to him and booked him.

There will be worse incidents around the country tomorrow that won't see red.

Edited by palmer1

He got his foot on the ball first, his foot was high but he was going for the ball but not great I agree however 10 minutes into a new season he could have used some common sense spoken to him and booked him.

So, quick and agile forwards go past defenders at pace, get caught and oppo gets sent off. Looking good for us this season then,,,

In fairness I can see why the red. Shame for the lad but his foot was high even though he touched the ball first. Lets see if they appeal, they wont win if they do. As for the free kick which leads to the goal....WTF?

Didn't see the game but your question was 'is this the standard we can look forward to?' Well, as a season ticket holder I can count on one hand the number of decent official we have had. The refs and there assistants are normally dreadful and I see no reason to expect better. Enjoy the season!

red, hid boot ended up in his ribs, doesn't matter if he got the ball first...

Doesn't matter , straight red.

To be honest Sheffield United looked a decent footballing team and played how LJ wants the Latics to play,

They had some big bastards playing for them though !!!

Best feed Tarky and Mellor some protein shakes and get em in the weights room for a bit before we play sheff u