Danny Philliskirk

At 23 and with only 13 senior appearances and no goals he's clearly playing catch up........not always the best idea going to a club like Chelsea at such a young age, if he'd stayed he might have been an established striker by no.

We have enough strikers at the club but on wiki it says he can play in midfield......I would think he's keeping fit rather than trialing and I should think the only reason he's here will be because of his dad.

At 23 and with only 13 senior appearances and no goals he's clearly playing catch up........not always the best idea going to a club like Chelsea at such a young age, if he'd stayed he might have been an established striker by no.

We have enough strikers at the club but on wiki it says he can play in midfield......I would think he's keeping fit rather than trialing and I should think the only reason he's here will be because of his dad.

didn't we get a bit of cash and Bertrand on loan as a result.

AS long as this isnt "jobs for the boys" i dont mind - if he impresses fine - but have we not got enough midfielders

Have we. We'vegot two in Smith and Wes, with Rodgers a very inexperienced third. Gosset is still a development player. Mellor plays in many positions but his ability suggests he might eventually settle at Bower Fold. If Winchester doesn't settle at right-back, i suspect a similar fate. Baxter is not a midfield player. We need another, but i'd like someone who can actually pass the ball.

Edited by bigfatjoe1

FOOTBALL MANAGER GEEK POST ALERT

In the 3rd season of my 09/10 FM game I signed him for Latics in League 1 on a free. One season and one promotion later I sold him for £2m. Two seasons later and still in the Championship I re-signed him for £2.1m and he captained Latics into the Prem that season. By my 13th season with Latics being Champions League regulars I sold him to Real Madrid for £5m in the twilight of his career.

If reality is anything like Football Manager then this could be the best signing we ever make! :first: